Having a legal immunity, the two superheroes were given rights by the French government to conduct civilian arrests for those who disturbed peace and order, even if it would result in violence. It was an enticing offer, but none of them tried to incapacitate their enemies beyond their physical recuperation, even if the said enemies were assholes that should not exist in the world.

Like Howards, for example.

The mansion may not like the alleys of Paris, but Chat Noir has the control of the place like a cat prancing towards his prey, and the mice were the blinded men unprepared for a scotopic vigilante.

He could clear the whole floor in just a couple of minutes, even without the aid of his heightened senses, but his partner wouldn't like it.

Ladybug timed herself before she entered the dark hallways. She may not have night visions, but like ladybugs, she knew how to camouflage and blend on her environment.

A little tap on her left, and a light kick to the right, she was a ruthless insect.

She stilled when a hand fell on her shoulder for a second then relaxed. She couldn't see his face, but her senses immediately recognized her partner.

"I'm clear. You?"

"All clear."

She felt him nodded, and with a nudge, they entered the main room where the Big Boss likely awaits for them.

They didn't expect that the Big Boss has a Vickers with him.

"I thought he's a smuggler of fabrics!" Ladybug shouted between rounds of bullets as they ducked on a nearby wall.

"Maybe his resume was outdated?" Chat replied with the same volume. "That's why he fired us up!"

Leave it to Chat Noir and he'll find a time to shoot some puns.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Howards yelled as he halted his gun. "Alas, we meet again!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble." the red-spotted heroine snorted. "But we can't remember our first meeting."

"Oh, that's too bad." the man nonchalantly replied. "Because both of you were busy beating that Akuma thing to notice me."

"We didn't expect you to be a loose cannon." the feline hero chortled. " And Howards enough to escape like a speeding bullet."

He answered them with another batch of ammunition.

Ladybug wanted to smack her partner's head, but she knew he was provoking him for distractions. Or probably it was his own way of killing the time. They still have few more minutes to spare till their back-up arrives.

"Did that young Agreste summon the two of you here? From what I've heard, you once saved his stick-ass father from an Akuma he personally triggered before."

"That's quite a low blow, considering you as the worst comparison." Chat Noir growled.

"You know the Agrestes' personally? I bet you've heard how that family dwindled down because the father failed the mother, and now the son carried the burden - or shall we say, the curse of being a loser?"

"You son of a - "

"You don't know any of the Agrestes personally!" Ladybug interrupted with a fury. "And that son you called a loser has a name - and that's Adrien Agreste!"

Chat Noir was shocked how his Lady defended his civilian self, and with his night vision, he could see the anger that puffed on her crimson face. If she wasn't jeopardizing their hiding place, she might've rushed towards the man and rammed her fist into his face.

Miraculous Adventure - a Miraculous Ladybug fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara