Prologue

'A short cut home wouldn't be so bad' I thought as I began to stagger down the corner of the street I had been making my way down, that seemed to lead to a narrow alley way. I raised my hand to the tall, brick, graffiti stained wall to the left of my body as I stumbled over some loose rubbish that had been left on the cracked path to rot in the darkness in between the two walls. I giggled as I pushed it away with my foot, the heel of my shoe breaking in the process, causing me to tumble in a heap on the cool, hard concrete ground, a snap in my foot caused a wave of instant pain to surge up my ankle as I removed the damaged shoe from my injured foot.

I called for my help, desperately hoping someone would be walking nearby and be able to hear my cries of distress. I heard a snicker as a man approached me from behind, I attempted to turn myself around to greet the gentleman when he smacked me over the back of my head and told me not to look at his face until he allowed me to. The alcohol began to slightly wear off as a cool metal object was pressed up against my exposed back and a dirty hand quickly made its way to my mouth just in time to stop me from screaming or calling for help.

The blood drained from my face, soon becoming pale in colour. The male's hot breath tickled the back of my neck as he whispered a string of many threats in my ear about ending my life if I were to make a single noise. A sudden burst of fear broke through the trance that being intoxicated had left me in; I broke into a cool sweat as my vision cleared and everything that had happened in the past half hour replayed over and over in my head, draining out the harshness of the man's voice.

The return of my common-sense and ability to access the situation came shortly after the replays ended, as the man's fingers travelled to the strap of my dress, sending chills throughout my body. He clasped his bony fingers around the strap, playing with it as I calmed myself and refrained from calling from help. The cool metal still remained firmly in my back, slightly digging into my skin as he tugged on the zipper of the dress, slowly pulling it downwards as the dress became limp around my chest, falling to my waist as he ripped both of the straps off and tossed them to the side.

I flinched back as the man, who I was now able to see had covered his face, stood up and placed the gun to the left of our bodies as he leant over me, his mouth twisted in a snarl as he tried to kiss me, I pressed up against the wall in hopes of him realising rejection. With no such luck, or hesitation on his part he pressed his lips onto my own, as he forced me further against the brick wall, hardly allowing me to catch my breath.