Dazai Osamu X Reader

Requested by: @millenium_gray
Reader's first name (f/n)
Reader's last name (l/n)

"Useless, huh?" You leaned your weight slowly towards the cold, uneven brick walls and slowly slid down into a semi-sitting position. The alley was cold and seemingly isolated from the rest of the population. You loved the solitude, at least it gave you a chance to mourn yourself in peace.

Joining the Port Mafia was a rash decision, actually, stupid, would have been a more accurate adjective. But at that time you didn't really think about anything besides that man you met, the youngest executive member of the Port Mafia. Just the sight of his existence, his heart warming smiles and sarcastic remarks were like a sunshine to your dull life. If joining the Mafia meant being able to see him everyday, then so be it. Things such as your poor fighting ability and the fact that you had no special ability never even crossed your mind. Even cooking for them would work out, right?

But that was back then.

A month after you joined the Mafia, as a young, not only inexperienced, but rather ignorant girl, that man you have always looked up to disappeared. Rumours from higher ups ran wild, but they all stuck with one version, roughly.
Dazai Osamu was a deserter, and everyone knew what happened to deserters of the Port Mafia.

From that day on, everything changed. There was no more purpose for you to remain in the Mafia, even as an useless message delivery girl. But you knew what happened to deserters, and you couldn't afford to pay the price. So you waited, for the day to come, the day that they would voluntarily kick you out.

"So today is the day," you sighed. But this day came too late. Years had already passed since Dazai's disappearance, and it was impossible for you to make a living anywhere, not even to think about ever seeing him again.

The night was cold at Yokohama. Even the dazzling neon lights and loud crowds of people didn't change the fact that it was cold. How nice would it be, to be able to curl up on the couch next to a loved with the tv on in such a weather. A loved one... You shook your head violently to get the thought off your mind. But instead, you started blushing redder and redder just awkwardly standing there alone on the pavement.

Just as you were buried in your own fantasy thoughts, you felt a tall shadow slowly approaching you, blocking the lights behind you. Startled by a light tap on the shoulder, you spun around abruptly to face two men almost an entire head taller than you, one with a disdainful and uninterested look, another with a funny grin.

"Do I...know you?" You asked timidly.

"Doesn't like you know anyone around, does it?" The one with the funny grin spoke. From the looks of him, it was evident that he was one of the well known delinquents around the city. "Do you mind...if I take you around the city?"

You could feel yourself shaking all over from fear. You couldn't even stand to imagine what would happen if you followed him, what he would do to you. It was just like those fictional scenarios where people get abducted by delinquents. There was only one way, if you ran, to somewhere with a bigger crowd, they couldn't possibly do anything in front of everyone, could they?

With a sharp turn around, you started to walk away, but only to find his firm grip on your shoulder before you even took your first stride. Then there was...the weight of another hand? From in front of you? Oh....shimatta! [しまった] (I literally don't know how to describe this in English sorry)

So now what? You thought. He's got an accomplice. Very slowly and frightened, you lifted your gaze to look at the delinquent's supposed accomplice. What met your eyes wasn't an accomplice. Every single nerve in your body was screaming then they all died. It happened so fast like burning fire being placed in a fridge, too fast so that your limbs became meltingly weak. The man in front of you tugged hard you suddenly that you were pulled out of the grip of the delinquent. Everything was bright and blurry as they flashed before your eyes while he held your hand and ran through the crowd. Your body was so lost without control that all you could do was follow him without resisting. It was funny how it was possible to ignore the soreness of your muscles while running when you were too absent minded to care.