Chapter 2

Emma woke with her head resting on the window. Blinking the sleep from her eyes, she realized that the car was stopped. She looked over to the driver's seat to see it was empty. "Good morning." She heard Regina say from the backseat. The woman was holding Henry and humming softly. The baby was looking up at her with wide eyes, his thumb in his mouth. Emma looked around, seeing they were parked in front of a building called Granny's Diner.

"We arrived in Storybrooke about 20 minutes ago. Henry was being fussy and I figured I'd let you sleep." Regina explained. The blonde hadn't realized she had fallen asleep. Then again, she hadn't gotten more than a few hours of sleep each night since Henry was born. "Thank you." Emma yawned and took her son into her arms.

"We can get some breakfast if you'd like. Granny makes the most amazing homemade meals." Regina suggested. "Sure." Emma grabbed Henry's diaper bag and followed the woman inside. Immediately everyone in the diner turned to stare, whispering amongst themselves. "Don't mind them. We don't get too many visitors in our small town." The blonde was greeted by an older lady. Her gray hair was pulled back into a bun and her glasses were perched at the end of her nose. She worn an apron that read 'Don't like my cooking? I don't like your attitude.'

"I'm Granny. I own this bed and breakfast. Who's this little guy?" She tickled Henry's feet, making him coo happily and squirm in her arms. "I'm Emma Swan. And this is Henry." Emma said. "How long are you going to be staying with us?" A tall brunette waitress joined them. "She's staying with me for a while." Regina answered. "This is Ruby, my granddaughter." Granny introduced her.

"My friends call me Red." The girl flashed a smile at Emma. "Can I get you something to eat?" Granny offered. "That would be great. Could you heat a bottle up for me too? I haven't fed Henry yet." Emma rummaged around in the diaper bag for a bottle and some formula, balancing Henry on one arm.

The bag slipped off her shoulder and fell to the ground, catching everyone's attention as the contents spilled everywhere. "Shit!" Emma cursed quietly, kneeling down to pick up the baby things. Her face flushed as she heard quiet laughter. "I'll get it, dear." Regina helped her stand before picking the bag up. "Thanks." Emma gave her a grateful smile. "What would you like me to make for ya?" Granny asked.

"Whatever you think is the best breakfast food here." The blonde answered. "I'll get right on that! Ruby, heat up the bottle." Granny clapped her hands together excitedly and hustled back into the kitchen. Regina led them to a booth nearby. Ruby came over a few minutes later with drinks and the bottle. "Here's the baby's bottle. Madame Mayor, your regular chamomile tea, and hot cocoa for you." She set the drinks down in front of them.

"Does this have cinnamon on top?" Emma asked. "Yeah, it's my own specialty." Ruby answered. Emma tentatively took a sip. It was good. Amazing, even. "You've really got something here." The blonde smiled at the waitress. "If you like that, you should come down to the White Rabbit sometime. I bartend there a couple nights a week."

The brunette leaned against the booth, her skirt hiking up dangerously high on her thighs. "What did you say your name was again?" She asked. "Emma." The girl answered. "Well, Emma, if you're ever looking for some fun in this town, let me know." Ruby winked at her. Emma shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She'd never had a woman hit on her before.

"Miss Lucas, don't you have something better to do than harass this young lady?" Regina asked, glaring at the waitress. The young girl pouted and walked off. "Sorry about that. Ruby will sleep with anything that has a pulse." Regina said. "It's okay." Emma said, starting to give Henry his bottle. Did she sense a bit of jealousy coming from the older woman? She quickly dismissed the thought. The mayor was just being nice, and besides, she was quite a few years older than her. Why would she be interested in her anyway?