A bludger to the back and a bludger to the heart...

Start from the beginning

I got to the door of the shrieking shack and clasped my hand around the handle. I turned it with a creak and the door opened, I half expected it to fall off of its hinges. The girls had caught up to me and each of them were looking completely unsure. I was surprisingly only a little bit scared. What could be in here that four intelligent witches couldn’t take on? A small voice in the back of my mind answered that question; ‘Alot.

Hesitantly, we all stepped into the shack. The door shut and me, Alice and Lily all snapped our heads around to face it.

“Calm down, I was only closing the door.” Marlene said, quietly. Something about this place made us all want to keep our voices down, as though if we were to be too loud we would wake something. Something bad.

“I don’t like this place.” Lily stated in a whisper. I looked to her to see she didn’t look scared, she was merely saying her opinion.

BANG!

“W-what was that?” Alice stuttered looking at the door the noise had came from. I pulled out my wand and the others mimicked my movements.

BANG!

I walked towards it and gripped the fragile door handle. By this time, Alice’s hand was shaking. I kept mine steady and opened the door.

SPLASH!

I screamed, I had been soaked by something slimy and pink. As soon as it had happened I’d known who’d done it. I recognized the sniggers from the cupboard in the corner. I wiped the gunge from my eyes, if only whoever had been looking through the peep hole had warned the other on who they’d just pranked. The girls behind me were laughing their heads off; half at me and half at the fact I was about to murder the humans that hid behind this door.

I slammed it open to see James and Peter sniggering, I was half-surprised to see Sirius wasn’t with them but I thought that could wait. When they saw who they had pranked they both stopped laughing and froze. It took a few seconds for James to recover.

“Every man for himself!” He yelled, shoving past the girls and fleeing from the shrieking shack.

I quickly muttered ‘Tergeo’,  the gunge immediately disappeared and I chased after James. I could see him shoving through the Slytherins and the fact remained that he knew I was faster than him. I sprinted after him, surprising myself at how easily I jumped the fence as though it was steeplechase. I carried on chasing him and I was catching up to him. He ran into Madam Puddifoots and I followed. We were immediately surrounded by happy couples. I only stopped when I saw a very familiar head sitting at the table to my left. I froze and James looked back to see why couples had stopped jumping out the way. He saw what I was looking at and he stiffened up.

Sirius was sitting at a table sipping tea with a Hufflepuff girl. I walked up to the table picked up the tea and threw it in his face. He jumped up out of instinct and I could tell the tea had burnt his face.

“Courtney? What the hell?” He yelled. Looking at the look on my face and back to the Hufflepuff girl his expression suddenly changed. “No, Courtney, come on. You don’t think- it isn’t like that.”

Go to hell, Black.” I seethed and then I turned on my heel and stormed out of the shop. Everyone was staring at either me or Sirius, shocked. Once everyone had gotten over the fact that me and Sirius were together they’d then made bets on how long it would last before we broken up. I saw a few people passing money to the other. I gritted my teeth and made my way up to the castle. I refused to cry. My heart felt as though a bludger had crushed it into pieces but I would not cry.