Untitled Part 1

"I am who I truly am when I'm in a saddle."

        Lori's behind might have been thoroughly hurting but she has gotten used to it throughout the years. She laughed at the thought. Her horse Timber was trotting away back from the lake with Lori's friends. The had gone Crawdad-ding that day. Lori looked at the vibrant greenery around her, what a day. The sun was shining, the mountains were blue and grass was oh so green. She thought once she got home she would go on a trip out to the back pool and invite her friends to stay the night. 

        As Lori got home she saw an unfamiliar truck at the front of the house by the garden. She thought nothing of it for she just thought it might be one of her dad's friends who  has come to visit. So like any other amazing day she walked Timber into the shaded stables. Meju, her dad's horse, slightly kicked the gate to his stable as if to say "Hello friends." The horse in the stable next to Meju, Ivy looked at Timber with her big, green eye's. Timber was not not that old but Lori was still very attached. When she got down to the sixth stable on the right she opened the door  to the stable to let the caramel brown horse in. 

         Lori was walking backwards when she heard her dad come in and she fell to the ground.

         "Oww..." She said getting up.

         "Lori are you okay?" Her dad said with real fear. She nodded her head and grabbed her hat. Her dad fixed it onto her head and she giggled. 

         "You're mom's fixing supper, and i'll take it from here. Don't eat without me now!" He laughed.

         "I won't daddy! I'll see you in a little bit. I gotta get in my evening dress anyhow!" Lori ran off to pamper her fourteen-year-old self. Meanwhile he dad was putting Timber's saddle away. He suddenly put his head down and shook it.

         "This is gonna sound so weird, but Timber... you get Lori more than anyone. And I don't know what to do. We have to sell the ranch in order to make enough money for her eldest sister to start her own business. I don't know Timb... we might have to leave you guys behind. You and the rest of the horses." Tears filled up in Mr. Casales eyes. When would he tell Lori? Or even Mrs. Casales? He planted his head in his hands. He needed to go get in his supper wear. He needed to forget about this. At least for now...

         On the second floor, two doors to the right, Lori was picking her supper outfit. She decided on a velvet teal number with white laces running down the stomach area. Lori put her hair in a braid to the side and went down stairs and sat at the oak wood table. Her mother was wearing a blue satin dress with a little white apron tied around her waist. She was setting a huge chicken on the table and smiled. 

         "How was you're day honey? Catch any crawdads?" Lori shook her head and laughed. 

         "No... we mostly just swam around laughing. There were boys from school and they were just like, That's good... for a girl. So we just jumped off the highest rock." Her mom sat down and nodded her head. Lori's dad came in the door and let it slam. He walked quickly with his head down. 

        "Elenore, I need to talk to you right now..."He said forcefully.

        "Oh honey, we are about to eat I don't think..." Lori's mom said very nicely. 

       "Now!" Elenore gasped and looked at him.

       "James, are you okay?" He walked off and looked away. Elenore got up walked toward their room. 

       In their room, James was sitting on their bed. He looked at her and shook his head. We was too sad to speak pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and found a dark wood pen on his bed and wrote: The Ranch... We have to sell it. He took one shaky hand and gave the crumpled paper to his wife. She covered her mouth and sat on the bed. What were they going to do now?