Chapter 6

{JACKSON'S POV}

I breathed in the thick wolfs bane in the air feeling that familiar burn of my throat in doing so.  I felt so frustrated, the hallucinations were getting out of control.  It's happened three more times since the first time, all of which involved Scott.  I sighed as I rubbed my hands over my face.

"I still don't see why you're doing this to yourself" came a very familiar voice from beside me.  I looked over to see Lily sitting cross legged beside me, giving me a comforting smile.

"Doing what to myself?" I groaned already knowing that this was another hallucination.  She just clucked her tongue at me.

"Like you don't know.  You keep having hallucinations about Scott, do you really think that's going to help you in the slightest?" she reasoned and I just gave her an annoyed look.

"Do you think I want to?  It's not like I can control what hallucinations I have" I groaned.  She pursed her lips at me.

"I know, but hallucinations tend to take the form of what's most dominant in your mind" She shrugged.

"Then why am I having a hallucination of you, not to burst your bubble or anything sis but I was actually just thinking about Scott" I sighed and she just chuckled.

"Of course you were, but maybe your subconscious has decided to cut you a break" she smiled "look Jackson you did imagine me here just to talk about the technicalities of hallucinations did you?"  I let out a small chuckle at that.

"No, not particularly but I just feel so empty.  The pain is overwhelming and I feel as though I'm about to go crazy being in here all alone" I sighed in frustration.

"Well look at the bright side, Blaze hasn't come in here in a while.  Some of your injuries are starting to heal, I'll admit they aren't healing as fast as is nice, but at least they're making progress" She offered "you can get through this Jackson, I believe in you."

"How am I supposed to make it through this Lily?  I can't even trust my own eyes anymore" I whined completely upset "how am I supposed to know the difference between reality and my imagination anymore?"

"Well that's simple.... trust your heart" Lily stated softly "when all else fails you have to trust the one thing that will never fail you, and why not let that be your heart."

"I miss him Lil, I miss him so much" I whimpered softly and she gave me a sad smile.

"You know he is out there looking for you at this very moment" she assured me "He's going to find you."

"And how can you be so sure that he hasn't given up?" I countered "how can you be sure that he ever even looked."

"Because I'm just voicing your own thoughts, seeing as how I'm only an image that your mind has created" She smiled "Scott cares deeply for you and you know it.  As much doubt that may enter your head while you're being held here, you will never doubt that.  You'll never forget those three small words he said to you that day..."

"I love you" came popping into my head at that exact moment.  The same rhythmic voice of Scott from that day.

"You're right Lily, I never will forget will I" I said turning to face her, but she was already gone.  I turned back to the door feeling better than I had in the weeks I've been in this shit hole.  I will stay strong, I will heal, for Scott.

{SCOTT'S POV}

After Luke forced me to get some sleep, insisting that I do or he would stop helping me, I actually felt refreshed.  I was staying in Luke's small apartment on the edge of town, apparently he has apartments at several places in the world.  I exited the bedroom that he had let me use to find him cooking up some eggs in the small kitchen.