4

Chapter name: Spelling Bee
Her clothes:

Classroom:"Alright everyone the regional spelling bee is here and like always I signed Autumn up

Classroom:
"Alright everyone the regional spelling bee is here and like always I signed Autumn up." Eric said.

"Did you know I won every time?" Autumn ask me. "What a surprise." Braidy said. "You're just jealous Braidy." Autumn replied.

"Not really." Braidy said. "And for this year's prize. The winner will get a signed baseball bat by a popular baseball player." Eric explained. Did he say a signed baseball bat?

"Which popular baseball player?" I ask. "I can't tell you that new girl. You're going to have to win to find out." Eric explained. "Baseball bat? What happened to books and an all day pass to the museum." Autumn said.

"Teacher pet." Braidy said.

"Playboy." Autumn replied.

I turned around. "Do you think I could win?" I ask. Jessamine laughs. "Are you serious weirdo. You barley have good grades and you think you can win." Jessamine said. "What you think you can do better?" I ask.

"Of course have you met me." Jessamine replied. "Fine, let's make a bet Richie. If I win you will do anything I say." I said.

"And if I win you will stand on Eric's desk and yell I'm a weirdo." Jessamine explained. Wow is this really a good idea. "Fine deal." I said.

"Hey I want to join." Braidy said. "Why?" I ask. "It sounds fun." Braidy explained. "Okay what's your bet?" I ask. "I want you to go on a date with me." Braidy said. I look at him.

"No." I said. "What you're scared I'm going to win." Braidy said. "Of course not. Deal." I said. "Will its decided, I'll add Braidy, Richie and New girl." Eric said. "Were you listening?" I ask.

"Of course." Eric replied like it was normal, but I kind of expected him to say that. "Hey hold it what about me what do I get?" Autumn ask.

"People who actually want to participate in the regional spelling bee." Braidy said. There was a silence. "You're right." Autumn said.

At home:

"So, why did you bring me to your house?" Aututmn ask. "So you can help me study." I said. "But wouldn't that be cheating. I'm also your competition." Autumn said.

"I know, but we're friends and friends help friends right. I just need help learning a few words." I said. "We are friends, but I can't help you with this. I can help you with homework, but nothing else." Autumn explained.

I sigh. "Thanks anyway." I said pushing her out the door. "You don't want to hang out or something?" Autumn asked. "Nope see you at school." I said closing the door.

After a couple of days:

"Alright, how do you spell accommodate." Brian said. "A-c-o-m-m-o-d-a-t-e." I spelled. "You forgot a c. There are two C's." Brian explained.

"Will it doesn't sound like it has a two c." I explained. "Well it does." Brian said. I sigh. "I'm going to fail. I don't want to go on a date with Braidy." I said.

Brian glares at me. "Date? Braidy?" Brian ask. Oopps. "Well I made a bet if I fail I have to go on a date with my friend." I explained.

Brian looks at me. "I'm going to teach you how to spell every word." Brian said. "Really?" I said. "Yep." Brian said.

The spelling bee:

It was time next to spell

It was time next to spell. "Alright please spell cyberspace." Mrs. Taylor said. "C-y-b-e-r-s-p-a-c-e. Cyberspace." I spelled. "Correct." Mrs. Taylor said.

I smile at Braidy, who was next. I sat down. "Please spell announcer." Mrs. Taylor said. "A-n-n-o-u-n-c-e-r announcer." Braidy spelled. "Correct." Mrs. Taylor said.

He looks at me and smirks. The next was a girl. After a few minutes it was just me, Autumn, Braidy, Jessamine and two other kids. Jessamine was next. "Desertification" Mrs. Taylor said.

"D-e-e-r-t-i-f-i-c-a-t-I-o-n. Desertification." Jessamine spelled. "Incorrect." Mrs. Taylor said. "What!" Jessamine shouted.

"Miss. Smith please don't yell. You spelled it incorrectly. Please step down from the stage." Mrs. Taylor ordered. She takes a deep breath.

"Fine." Jessamine said walking away. "Next." Mrs. Taylor said. Autumn walk up. "Desertification." Mrs. Taylor said. "D-e-s-e-r-t-I-f-I-c-a-t-I-o-n." Autumn spelled. "Correct."Mrs. Taylor said.

Autumn sits down. It was Braidy next. "Reciprocate." Mrs. Taylor said. Braidy look nervous. "Uh R-e-c-i-p-r-o-c-o-t-e. Reciprocate." Braidy said. "Incorrect." Mrs. Taylor said. He leaves. Great. It's just me and Autumn and two other kids.

The two other kids went next. They both failed. I was next. "Accommodate." Mrs. Taylor said. Uh. What did Brian say again? Oh yeah there are two C's. "A-c-c-o-m-o-d-a-t-e." I spelled. "Incorrect." Mrs. Taylor said.

What? I didn't forget the other c wait I forgot the m. The other M. Autumn won the spelling bee and she won the bat. Will at least Jessamine and Braidy lost the bet.

Th next day:
"I'm really proud of all of your for trying you're best. However, I'm more  proud of Autumn. You all did well, but Autumn did the best." Eric said.

"Thank you, sir." Autumn said. I sigh. Autumn puts something on my desk. It was the signed bat.

"What are you giving me this for?" I ask. "Will, I don't like baseball. I just like winning and being right so you can have it." Autumn explained.

"Thank you." I said. I look at the bat. "Will aren't you lucky cow girl." Braidy said. "So new girl did you learn a lesson." Eric ask. I nod. "I did Mr. Matthews." I said.

" I said