Chapter 6

"Why are you up?" Luke said rubbing his eyes.

"I was just talking to a friend on the phone."

"Well, it's like 1 in the morning, so can you at least try to go back to sleep?"

Luke said leaning against the slide window for the balcony.

"Fine. I"ll just go to the bathroom first." Is said. He nodded.

Okay, okay, I lied. I was actually going to try to get a hold of Jai. I started texting him.

'Jai, where are you? It's Camryn, please text me back, I'm worried!'

He instantly texted back.

'I'm outside 711. Calm down.'

I knew exactly where that was. It was like 5 minutes away. I grabbed my jacket, and right when I was about to leave, I remembered something.

One night, me and Kinley made fart sounds for like half an hour. It was useless until now. I took out my phone, and put the noises on repeat. My battery was 94% so it would last a while. I put the volume all the way up, locked the bathroom door, and climbed out the window.

When I got to 711 Jai was there looking depressed and drinking a large slurpee. I walked over and sat down next to him.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Why'd you come? I didn't do anything for you. Why are you being so nice to me?" He said putting down his slurpee and getting louder on every word.

"Because. I don't know. But Why were you smiling at me at the airport today?" Sorry but I had to ask that question I need to know from him.

"Because you were different. Sorry for practically yelling at you. Here." He pulled out four tickets for a Katy Perry concert.

"We were gonna go with my mom, but she didn't want to go. So do you want t-..." I cut him off by squeezing him.

"Thanks Jai." He smiled.

"Follow me, I know somewhere where we can hang out." He said, while I smiled, and got up.

While we were walking, he held my hand. It felt perfect. But, I was messed up. I really thought Luke was 'the one.' But now I liked Jai. But, I liked Luke. So, I decided. Jai, I want to be my best friend. That way, if things don't work out with Luke, I'll have him, and Kinley of course.

Jai stopped, and I couldn't believe where we were. A gas station.

"Jai, why?" I laughed.

"Just come!" He pulled me, and took out a key from his pocket. He unlocked the door, and we went inside the little gas station stop place, where they had snacks, and bathrooms. He took me to this room, and turned on the lights. I saw lights and sparkles.

"This is where I go, a lot. My cousin owns this gas station. I decorated it. So, now you know where to find me. The 711 thing was a 'once in a blue moon' type thing."

"Okay, well this is awesome. Does anyone else know about this?"

Nope, just me and you. So just lounge. Do whatever."

I looked around the room. There was a tv, a couch, a table, a mini fridge, and a desk. It was pretty cool.

Jai sat down on the rolling chair behind the desk, and I laid down on a desk. Before I new it, I was asleep.