Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences

Start from the beginning

I looked away, leaning on the inside walk of the ballroom waiting for him to come around. It didn't take long, when he recognized it was me leaning against the wall he looked a bit nervous, eyeing his phone and then me. You think he made the connection?

"Was it an important call?" I questioned in a bitter voice, but I still wanted to play it cool. Once again my nose was in business where it shouldn't be and I hope he didn’t point that out.

"Uh, something like that." He mentions scratching the back of his neck, "So what were you going to say before we got interrupted?" He recalled causally. He tugged at my hand to move away from the wall. I followed wanting to go out to the balcony.

When I took the first step a cool breeze passed through blowing my hair in different directions. Jeremy leaned against the building casually still drinking his beer. I did the same, leaning back against the building wall seeing that nobody was around any longer. Jeremy looked at me, and then looked straight ahead, then back to me, then straight ahead.

With a growl his stare shot back to me, “It’s not what you think alright.” He stated nonchalantly like it was for my benefit.

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.” I replied, balancing my drink on the back of my hand for entertainment.

“I’m not a manwhore. I’m just doing a favor for her.” He cleared the air like I needed the explanation.

“You don’t need to explain yourself. I’m not your girlfriend or your keeper. You do whatever you want.” I told him as I backed up from the wall and took some steps away. I ran the tips of my fingers through my hair, “I mean like it’s not like I expected you to stop your hobbies after going on a date with me.” I scoffed nervously shaking my head like I was ridiculous. I exited the balcony and went straight for the bathroom.

I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror then released it. I would never want to be in a relationship with Jeremy. What sane girl would want to be in a relationship with a guy that dated girls all the time even if it’s all meaningless and fake? Not me. No wonder why you never saw Jeremy with a stable girl, because no girl wanted to be that stupid girl that let her boyfriend do whatever. No girl wants to be with a guy that can't let other girls know he's taken.

But the bottom line is: why would I think he’d want me to be that girl? Why would he choose me to be that girl? Out of all the girls he could choose why on hell or earth he’d choose me? Like look at the relationship we have! Jeremy will always be considered a friend now, and that’s all it would ever be.

Once I put another coat of lip gloss on my lips I walked out of the bathroom and took the moment to look in the familiar mirror again. The mirror was all too familiar but I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Well isn’t this a moment of déjà vu.” Danny called from behind me with a chuckle.

“Hey, I’m thinking the same thing. Why does it look so familiar?” I asked his opinion as I looked back into the mirror with both of us in it now.

Danny’s arm slung over my shoulder, his silver icy wedding ring touched my bare shoulder giving me goose bumps. It took him a minute or two to figure it out but when he did he chuckled, “It reminds me of the picture in dad’s building office that’s on his bookshelf between the books. You know, the one with mom on her wedding day looking into the mirror. Remember that one?” He explained correctly.

I gasped when it hit me. It’s true; it looks almost like the mirror in the picture with mom, “You’re right.” I sighed smiling about it.

“The scary part is, looking at you in the mirror, it’s like I’m looking at the picture of mom.” He confessed.