Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences

Start from the beginning

"You know a thing or two about bar tending?" I questioned doubtfully, crossing my arm over my chest with his jacket hanging off my forearm.  

"I might. So what will it be, something fruity or something strong?" He asked, aquatinting himself with the bottles around him.

"Fruity sounds interesting." I considered. Jeremy smiled, squatting down to the mini fridge and pulling out some cartons.

"Watch and learn.” He instructed prepping up his set up. He doused the rim of the glass with a lime then pressed the glass against something crunchy, “Sugar around the rim of the cup." He explained, getting the chunky grains of sugar to outline the glass cup, "Strawberry juice, lemonade, and crushed ice." He listed off as he poured some immeasurable amounts of liquid.

"Sounds like a good virgin summer drink." I snickered.

He held his index finger up to me as he turned to the mix and match bottles behind him, "This should do the trick." He muttered uncapping the bottle and pouring about a shot of clear liquid to fill the cup, "Try it." He said placing it in front of me.

"What no paper umbrella?" I chuckled taking the cup into my hand. He smirked as I cautiously took a sip of the sweet cold drink. I'm not much of a fruity drinker but I very much liked this. I could take whatever alcoholic shot he poured into it but I could also taste the sweetness of the fruits.

"It's rum." Jeremy stated wiping his hands on a cloth, "Vodka is just a bit too strong and over powering for that." He shrugged acting all pro about his liquor.

"I didn't know you were such the alcoholic." I gasped playfully taking another small sip of my drink. Jeremy just laughed after rolling his eyes. He looked around the ice box coming up with a beer bottle. Finding the bottle opener he uncapped the sucker and joined me on the other side, "I fi-"

My eyes narrowed as I heard an annoying vibration from close by. Jeremy stuck his hand in his pocket pulling out his phone, "Um, I'm going to take this, it'll just be a minute." He wondered walking off slowly a couple of steps before taking the call.

I watched him for a minute or two just standing around in the distance talking on the phone. He looked over his shoulder and saw me watching, with a tight grin he walked away towards the double doors hiding behind the wall. Well that's odd.

"Hey where did you get that drink?" The bar tender asked, now standing behind the counter he pointed to the glass cup in my hands questionably. He picked up the cartons Jeremy left behind and questionably put them away as if trying to remember if he had left them there.

I let out a nervous chuckle playing with the ends of my hair, "So, uh, well, you see..." I walked away. It's not illegal to make your own drinks with somebody else's liquor, right? Nah, I don't think so either.

Since nobody really was around for me to chit chat with - because I had already talked to all the people I actually liked- I went searching for Jeremy. I faintly heard his voice out in the hallway, guessing he was still on the phone. Now even though I'm a fake girlfriend, I was still a concerned, and most of all a curious person, so of course, I eavesdropped. I know I'm a bad person.

"-I can't. I'm usually busier on the weekends." Jeremy said to the phone. Yeah I defiantly knew why he was busier on the weekends. Look where he is now, "That's during Spring Break.... I don't know if I can.... No it's not the money.” Jeremy paused and sighed, “I know-” He was interrupted and then after a few seconds he spoke, “Friday it is then.... Four o'clock got it. Bye Amanda."

With a heavy sigh he ended the call leaning his head back against the wall. I peeked over, looking in between the hinges of the doors to spot him. He looked sad and I didn’t get why. I mean, that phone call sounded like a job offering- one which he accepted. It kind of annoyed me that he went to pick up a call for a "client." I mean really, you're supposed to be with me not accepting other jobs. It sounded selfish of me but it was true. It annoyed me.