All Stars: Chapter 8

The production of Aladdin was amazing. Tobin and Allie walked out of the Broadway theater two and a half hours later, smiles lighting up their faces. The night was going so well, and the duo's outing was enough to take their minds off of school and the stress of the soccer team. It was only nine at night and the girls had eaten in the theater. Allie turned towards her friend and asked, "Do you want to stop for ice cream?" 

Tobin smiled, grateful that the blonde suggested it. Allie stopped next to a map of the city and quickly located the nearest Shoppe. The New York air was becoming chilly- and Tobin became more and more uncomfortable with each gust of wind.

Tobin had never loved the city. It was always busy- people streaming in and out of various shops and the sounds of construction and honking horns that the mid found obnoxious. After all, she was only one person in a community of thousands. She didn't think she would ever get use to the style of living. Especially after being accepted into NYU with a four year soccer scholarship, everyone assumed she was living her dream.

And she was, no doubt. She had been waiting for eleven years to escape her conservative town of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. The day after Tobin's high school graduation, she took off to the city with her best friend, Allie. 

It had been the blonde's idea that Tobin apply for NYU. In secret, Allie applied as well. Going with a friend made the new world easier to deal with- and Tobin greatly appreciated Allie. The two had been thrilled when they were placed in the same dorm- even though they weren't roommates, which was their teenage dream. You know, the one where the best friends say, "We'll go to the same college and have the same classes and be roommates and do everything together and then graduate side by side and move into houses next to each other and have a pool connecting the two! "

In junior year of high school, news leaked that Tobin was gay. She had never dated anyone, never been kissed to that day. Sure, she had her crushes, but lesbians in Basking Ridge were hard to come by. 

On that note, Tobin and Allie walked into Little Munchkin's Shoppe, which claimed to have the best ice cream and deserts in the region. Allie ordered a small cup of what was called Cow Spots, and Tobin requested a cone of plain vanilla, her childhood favorite. Grinning in pleasure, the two girls made their way back to the campus while chatting and munchin' on their ice creams. 

-

Ali cornered Ashlyn the next day at breakfast. The brunette couldn't keep her mind off of the blonde keeper ever since the night at the bar. After the two had ordered their third round of alcohol, Ashlyn dragged Ali outside and slammed their lips together :

"Here..." Ali trailed off, handing the second bottle of beer to her roommate. The defender knew the alcohol was going to her head and messing with her feelings, but she just wanted more and more and more. Ashlyn accepted the bottle and plunked herself next to the brunette, taking a swig of the liquid. The keeper had only been drunk once before, when she was seventeen. That night had been one of the best experiences of her life, and therefore had no bad memories to stop her from drinking. 

"Whatareya doing later?" Ashlyn slurred. Ali smiled. "Nothing much." Silence took place between the two once again and Ali could feel the blonde's eyes on her. 

She turned toward the keeper, who imediatly lowered her gaze. 

"What are you looking at?" Ali asked. Ashlyn shrugged and slipped off her stool and out the back door. Ali stared after her in confusion. Did I say something? she wondered, taking another sip of her beer before following the blonde. She ignored the suggestive looks from Christen, who had been sitting next to her, watching the encounter with suspiscion. 

"Ash?" Ali called, peering around the corner in search of her friend. Where was she? A flash of blonde hair made Ali turn around, only to be ambushed by a pair of lips and a warm body. Ali's eyes widened. I'm being kissed, She realized. 

Back in the caf, Ashlyn gazed at the floor, unwilling to meet Ali's gaze. 

"Ashlyn, we need to talk..." Ali tried, pressuring the keeper to provide some sort of explanation. She said nothing. Ali frowned, picked up her coffee from the table and stormed out of the room. Several people looked around in confusion and a group of boys next to Ashlyn sniggered. 

"Girl problems!" One of them shouted, causing the others to burst out in laughter. Ashlyn rolled her eyes and walked to the coffee counter. Maybe caffine would help.