“Kaylyn get down!” Emett was still on the ground yelling up at me I could feel his hand around my wrist trying to pull me down, but I wouldn’t let him take another hit for me. I put my foot on his chest forcing him to stay down. I put my arms up in front of my face to block the bolt of light shooting towards us.

I felt the power of it as it pushed me back I quickly took my foot off Emett’s chest for fear of crushing him. I felt the heat of the light leaking through my cool crystal, for a second I felt fear but it was quickly replaced with anger and determination, and with that the crystal hardened and I looked at my crystallized arms and saw the color of my indigo armor change to a tint of red.

Its hard to explain but I felt a darkness filling inside of me.

“Kaylyn control yourself!” I felt Fate by my side but he sounded so far away.

I felt myself drifting away, ‘Breathe Kaylyn you have to calm down. It will be ok.’

The comforting words of my Angel’s Tear echoed through my head, and I forced myself to take a deep breath.  I was still angry, I was angry that I wasn’t doing anything to help Renee, I was angry that Emett got hurt protecting me, I was angry that I was still weak.

‘Help me, tell me what to do.’ I pleaded for an answer I wanted to control my temper.

Finally the light reseeded back to the ball it came from and my crystal armor was hot to the touch.

“Kaylyn are you ok?” Emett was behind me holding his shoulder. I wanted to protect them. My job was to keep them all safe, I refuse to fail at this.

I was a guardian this was who I was.

‘She is scared.’

I looked through my crystal eyes and focused hard on Renee.

Was this energy that surrounded her just trying to protect her? Did it see us as a threat?

I turned back to look at Emett, Titus, Fate and at my own hands. Of course she was scared, she didn’t know about blood shifters she doesn’t know what is happening to her and here I was charging at her. She doesn’t know we are just trying to help her.

“You need to change back.” Emett and Titus looked at one another and back at me  there eyebrows arched in questioning looks like I had lost my mind.

“Do it.” I pleaded with them , they both nodded at me and I watched as Emetts wings dwindled away and his eyes went back to the green I was used to seeing. Titus’s wings and tails were gone by the time I looked at him and when he opened his eyes I was met by his deep ocean blue ones.

I relaxed and closed my eyes allowing the crystal to melt off my body and back into the pendant.

Fate looked at me with his ears cocked up as he sat in front of me. “What are you doing?”

I turned back to look at Renee, "She is scared. The light is just protecting her."

Emett and Titus looked like a light had just been switched on. I saw the pain in Titus’s fac. I knew he felt guilty for what was happening and I walked over to him and wrapped my arms tight around my best friend.

“She is going to be ok.” I felt him press his face into my neck.

His words were muffled as he spoke. “I just want to protect her but I seem to be doing the very opposite.” I gently pulled away from him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“She is alright, and I wouldn’t trust anyone more than you to keep her safe.” I smiled at him and I saw the corners of his lips twitch into a half smile. I knew he would die for her if it came down to it.