30

When I was done eating my food, I ran back under the couch and crawled back inside of it.

It didn't take long for the elevator door to open again.

I heard light steps come out followed by Steve and Bucky's steps.

I was wondering who the third person was until I heard, "How did you lose Angel? She does everything with you guys," it was Natasha. She sounded upset with them.

She started walking around the floor and opening cabinets and things. She stopped by the couch and unfortunately told them, "Flip the couch on its back," she demanded.

Steve complied and flipped the couch on it back, revealing me clinging to the wooden frame.

Natasha made a triumphant sound as she picked me up, "Was that so hard boys?" She asked them, handing me to Bucky.

Bucky frowned, "We checked under the couch and we've been calling for her all morning. She never answered..." he trailed off.

Natasha pet my head before walking into the elevator, "Then figure out what you did wrong," she told them before the doors closed.

Bucky went to pick up the laptop, but I growled at him.

They could figure it out on their own.

Bucky looked at me, a little astonished before he put me back on the couch.

Steve put the couch back upright and I curled up facing away from the two.

Bucky eventually tried to suck up because he turned the TV on to Steve Irwin.

I started watching it intently, ignoring the two still.

Bucky went into the kitchen and came back with a bag of treats handing me what was left in the small bag.

There weren't many left but I ate them all and I turned to look at him.

Staring at him quietly.

He seemed to remember something, "I'm sorry for leaving you on the couch all night by yourself," he apologized.

I mewed and got up jumping on his torso purring.

Steve just looked at us confused, "She sent us on a wild goose chase because she was upset that we left her on the couch all night?"

I mewed again rubbing my face on Bucky's cheek before licking the side of his nose.

He pet me, laying down on the couch on his back before moving me. Bucky let Steve lay on his stomach on top of him before he put me on Steve's back.

I curled up in a ball, watching Steve Irwin swim with some iguanas on the Galápagos Islands before I fell asleep.

This was going to be a good life for me.