sex, drugs & rock 'n' roll

A/N: This is a VERY long one shot. This is also not 100% proofread because I just can't stare at my computer screen for a second longer. You have been warned.

WARNING: Sexually explicit content (only at the end tho)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The week leading up to finals is always a stressful one. Taylor spends more time in the library than anywhere else, and it's not uncommon for her to pass out on top of her textbooks during study breaks. As a sophomore at her small liberal arts college, Taylor is starting to feel the pressure to be perfect. She has her academic adviser talking in one ear about internships and GPA requirements, and her parents jabbering in the other ear about how much money they're investing in her degree. They love her, but they're spending too much money for her to just be average. She has to be ahead of the curve at all times, and Taylor is starting to let the stress consume her. Her roommate, Selena, says that she needs an outlet, but it's hard to find the time to do much of anything outside of studying and sleeping.

Taylor only has three exams during the week of finals, and she's grateful that they're all relatively early in the week because it leaves her time to relax before she takes the train home to Pennsylvania. Her last final is on a dreary Wednesday afternoon, and Taylor feels completely unprepared despite the fact that she has been studying for days. She knows that she should be fine, but that doesn't appease her worries at all. Her friends say she's the biggest worrywart to ever walk the Earth, and that she'd be a lot happier if she let loose, but Taylor just doesn't have the time or the means to party. Selena is always trying to get her out of her room and down to the bars, but Taylor always has an excuse. If she's not studying then she's doing homework, and if she has no homework then she's catching up on sleep.

She ends up finishing her Economics exam with ten minutes to spare, and when she hands it in her professor shakes her hand enthusiastically. He tells her to enjoy her summer break, and that she was a pleasure to have in his class. Taylor returns similar sentiments, a smile blossoming on her face as she walks out of that class for the last time. She won't have to look at another textbook until September. No more caffeine induced all-nighters. No more eight o'clock classes. No more apprehension.

The walk back to her dorm, which has always felt tedious after a boring fifty minutes of class, is a lot different today. She walks with a bounce in her step and a smile on her face. She can feel a week's worth of exhaustion finally catching up with her but she somehow manages to make it to her dorm in one piece. Selena has an exam later in the day, so the small dorm room is empty when Taylor arrives. She tosses her backpack down and makes a beeline for her bed, and she passes out the second her head hits her pillow.

She ends up not getting much rest. Selena comes barreling into the room a couple hours later, and upon seeing Taylor fast asleep she proceeds to make as much noise as possible to wake her up. Taylor ends up throwing one of her pillows across the room, hoping that it hits its intended target but knowing that her aim isn't the best. Her pillow ends up crashing into Selena's desk lamp, sending it clattering to the ground with a loud bang. She winces at the loud noise and groans softly as she tries to roll over and block out her roommate's laughter.

"I'm going to kill you," Taylor's voice lacks malice thanks to her exhaustion, but she hopes it gets the point across.

"Do it later, we're going out tonight." Selena jumps on top of Taylor, almost crushing the blonde as a result. Taylor tries to push her best friend off but Selena's a lot stronger than she is, and she knows her efforts are futile.

"The only thing I'm doing tonight is sleeping. I haven't slept in days."

"Suck it up, I promised a friend that I'd see her show tonight. Drink some coffee."