WINTER SOLSTICE :: CHAPTER SEVEN

Rafe’s P.O.V

I watched as she ran after Arabella. She was really here, Kirra was home. I started to run after them. I turned to see Conan run ahead after Kirra and Arabella his claw coming out from his fingernails.

*”Don’t you dare touch Kirrarlyn!”* I roared through my mind link. Conan then jumped in the air and shifted running faster.

“Back to die”? Kirra spoke and I ran faster. Being in my human form slowed me down. 

“Let her go.” Conan must of shifted back into his human form as he spoke to her.

“Why”? No emotion was in her tone as she spoke. What happened to my sweet love.

“That’s Arabella, Rafe’s mate.” I stood behind Kirra as Conan said those words. Arabella wasn’t my mate. Why would Conan say that? 

“Then it’ll be a good enough reason for me to kill her”! Kirra lunged and I had to tackle her down. The color on her hair slowly started changing darker, blades emerging from the side of her arms. I flipped her arms pinning her arms against her head, her eyes pitch black. No emotion, nothing, she looked empty. She then started struggling with her shift as she soon realized it was me. 

“No more Kirra”, I looked down at her hazel eyes, pitch black trying to fill them. “No more blood, no more bodies.”

She laughed struggling, then black filling her eyes.

“So you three have been the clean up crew all along”, She chuckled. “I wonder who washed away all the blood and burned all the bodies I took.”

She sounded cold, evil. What did I do to her? Did I hurt her so bad?

“Arabella let’s go”! I heard Conan shouting. 

“Your not going anywhere”, She shouted throwing me with much force and took of running toward Arabella as she screamed running to Conan.

“Just stop Kirra,” I got hold of her waist as she struggled. It took everything in me to hold her back. I felt pure rage engulf me. She hasn’t let go, I could tell she’s been holding on to all the pain I caused, all the loneliness. “Let it all go Kirra, stop holding it in.”

“Shut up.” Kirra’s voice softened as she was now trying to get out of my grip. I watched as Conan took off with Arabella. I held her closer to me.

“No more baby, just stop fighting me”, I held her tightly and she slowly became weak her blades retracting back in her arms, her hair turning back to the normal dark red it is. 

“Just stop”, It came out as a whisper and she finally stopped struggling and cried. “Why are you doing this to me”! She yelled and I could feel the hurt in her voice, all the pain. She cried, and kept crying in my arms. I turned her to face me her eyes back to the beautiful hazel eyes I love. 

Kirra’s P.O.V 

He held me against him and my heart broke once again. Shattering to tiny little pieces. Why did he have such effect on me? Why couldn’t just let him be with his mate? I looked up into eyes with held so much love. I’m suppose to kill him, it’s in my blood. But why can’t I bring myself to shift and finish the job? Why couldn’t I control my shift when he touched me?

Rafe lifted my chin and kissed me. My body felt hot as he deepened his kiss asking for entrance. I kissed him back allowing myself to feel him. Rafe slowly unbuttoned my blouse running his hands down my waist. I let out a small moan and Rafe groaned in reply. I could feel him against my inner thigh and I ran my hands beneath his shirt roaming his chest. 

 I reached my hand down as Rafe groaned in pleasure. 

“Let me in”, Rafe whispered against my ear and I let him. My blood began to boil as he started out slow my breathing getting heavy when he picked up faster. I could feel the grass against my back and swiftly turned us over so I was on top. I picked my pace up and after awhile we came. 

“I love you”, Rafe held my face in his hands, his breathing rugged. 

“I love you too,” I replied feeling my eyes change and then I plunged my blade into his stomach. I turned the blade hard Rafe wincing in pain as the blade broke. 

“But that’s the thing”, I got off him as he withered around in the grass. “I love you so much you hurt me again and again.”

I picked up my bra strapping it on, pulling up my underwear.

“You broke my heart again and again”, I spat finishing getting dressed. “You were so cold to me. Like you never cared!”

Tears started to stream down my face as I tried to be strong. My heart ached knowing what I did to him. But it had to be done, I was a Hunter he was an animal.

I knelt down next to him as he grabbed my wrist, blood on his hands from holding his wound. 

“I love you Kirralyn Summer Elizabeth Hawkins”, He whispered using his last name as mine.  “I will always love you.”

“No you can’t do that Rafe, you can’t make me feel bad”, I leaned against him my arms besides his head holding me up. 

Rafe ran his hand down my face wiping my tears away. He quickly pulled my down against him and kissed me passionately, while I reached down and pulled out the blade. 

“Am I still the perfect mate”? I asked pushing myself away from him, remembering when we were in the hospital. “Am I still your own personalized killer”? 

I was still in Hunter form, scared that when I shifted back I would panic. I would feel complete guilt for what I had just done. 

“Kirralyn”! I turned to see Carter and Dr. Cornell standing at the edge of the forest. 

“Rafe”! Arabella stood behind Conan as the searched for him. The grass was to high for them to see Rafe lying there, blood coming out from his wound I inflicted. 

Carter ran to me followed by Dr. Cornell. 

“What did you do”? Carter grabbed my hands seeing blood, then looked down to see Rafe. 

“Kirra what did you do”? Carter let go and took of his shirt pressing on Rafe’s wound as he groaned. 

“He doesn't love me anymore”, I whispered thinking back on how I ran home after Rafe and I were together. 

“Kirra enough is enough.” Conan ran over eyes in shock as he took of his shirt to cover Rafe up as he laid naked in the grass. 

“You still love him Kirra, I can see it in you”, Carter held my wrist tight. “Shift back Kirralyn, this Hunting thing has to stop. You’ve became more than just a Hunter your a mu-.”

“What Carter, a murderer. Your the one who wanted so badly for me to become a Hunter, for me to kill animals like them”! I shouted pointing to Arabella and Conan who were knelt down besides Rafe. Arabella was crying, I didn’t understand why. 

“Your the one whose suppose to be crying, he’s your mate for fucks sake,” Carter ran a hand through his hair not knowing what to do. 

I shifted back, and once I did. I felt like my whole world was collapsing. 

...

...

[Sorry so short >.< I'll upload a longer chapter next update. Thanks for reading :)]