Chapter 1

October 1st

I sat on my brown, leather couch and put my head in my hands as I cry. Crying has always confused me because, what's the point of crying? Is there an actual scientific explanation for the use of crying? No.
But this time, I was crying like there was no tomorrow! And for a good reason too... I had just witnessed a murder take place. But I can't tell the police! I was threatened by the murderer, I'm scared to even walk outside now.

"Lara?" I hear a voice I know well. It's Silver.
"Oh my God! Lara what happened?! Umm... Why are you crying?" All these questions about tonight are not helping my mind recover.

I rise my head, revealing make up dripping down my wet cheeks.
"I-I can't tell you Silv," I struggle to breathe as I speak to her.
"I wish I could but... but I'm scared I'm gonna hurt you." I say trying not to make my black jeans soggy.

I walk away from her, exiting the living room. I slowly walk up the stairs and lock myself in the bathroom. Drying my face down with a face cloth, I look in the mirror and I say:"People need to know... I won't let him hurt anyone else! This will come an end, Lara. Your strong enough to do this ok? Okay." I take a few long deep breaths and try to stay calm.
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!
"Lara I'm really freighted now! I don't believe that your actually ok. Please come out. I swear if you tell me what has happened I-I won't tell a living soul! Please come out."
Silver sounds concerned about me. If I tell her, she could go to the police and and...! Calm... Lara you must tell someone.
I unlock the door with my head down and my hazel brown hair pointing towards the tile floor. I can trust Silver but... Can I trust her with this?
"Silv... I... I... I witnessed a murder tonight at the photo shoot. I was the only witness and I, can't tell anyone because I was threatened. And I'm scared." The words are just slipping out of my mouth now.

She doesn't reply. I'm just stared at by her ocean blue eyes. She takes a couple steps back... "What? Lara..." That's all she said. She walked back into the living room like nothing happened.
"Umm... Silver? I'm gonna go take a walk... Will you be alright here?"
"Of course. Have a nice walk!"

After my walk around the local park, I'm finally back home. I turn the key and open the door... But this wasn't home anymore... It's a crime scene.

"SILVER?! SILVER NO!" I scream shaking her body. I check for a pulse in her neck... No pulse. She was killed... And her blood is on my hands.

Next to her corpse is a note written in Silvers cold, red blood. It reads:
I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!!
YOUR LUCKY IT WASNT YOU...
BUT IT WILL BE NEXT TIME