Chapter 2

Louis p.o.v.

"Put on your seatbelt."

He hadn't done anything apart from listening to me in one go, never looked me in the eye or said anything just nodding. Either it was yes or no.

He leaned on the left side and started to attempt pulling the strap of his seatbelt, it got stuck midway because he didn't pull it the right way, he tugged the strap a little harder and he swallowed thickly, was he scared to. He had accidentally locked it.

I sighed and removed my own seatbelt and leaned forward to help him with his, he flinched behind when I went closer and a string of apologies left his mouth.

I observed his features, his dough shaped eyes were squeezed shut and he bit his bottom lip

"Relax curly, just adjusting the seatbelt. "

His breathing was shallow and he mumbled a, "Sorry sir." Tucking my seatbelt in I sighed and started to drive, it was going to take a lot of time to get his behavior back to normal.

It had been five minutes and he was just staring outside the window and I could sense it that he was in deep thought well I was scared of him thinking too much.

"Harry?"

He looked at me with a completely frozen expression, what was so frightening when someone took his name.

"Are you hungry?" as soon as my words reached him his expression changed to a happy one, well I think he was hungry considering they didn't provide him with five-star service back where he lived. He quickly masked his expression and looked down at his lap fidgeting with his fingers.

"Curly, are you going to answer me?" I asked as I was concentrating on the road.

"Yes sir."

"Awesome. What would you like to have?" I parked the car across a busy street, the food stalls were at a walking distance and I was hungry as well, after a tiring day of work and well, buying a fiancée.

He shyly said, "McDonald's." But a loud gurgling of his stomach followed his timid voice; he visibly paled and squeezed his eyes shut.

"I'm sorry sir, it wasn't on purpose." Did he anticipate me to get angry with that? That was the utmost adorable thing I had seen, I could buy the entire McDonald's for him if he wanted.

This had to be fixed as soon as possible, "I'm not angry." The back of my hand gently touching his cheek, he calmed down a bit, "That was pretty adorable." The boy blushed crimson. I got off the car and walked to his side, luckily for me, he knew how to get out of the seatbelt.

"Lets go."

"I'm scared sir." I was happy and confused at the same time, happy because he finally said something by himself, confused because he was scared.

"Why?"

"It's been a year since I've..." I could see the tears brimming his eyes, poor boy! Might have been through a really rough patch.

"It's okay sweetheart..." I took his hands in mine, holding them in a way that my thumb could run loose circles on the back of his hands, "I'm going to be coming with you. Aren't I?" he shook his head in a 'yes'

"How about?" I paused, "you hold my hand, whenever you're scared."

"I can?" he looked at me with sparkling eyes, "Of course you can." I held his right hand in my left one and got him out of the car, initially I struggled a bit but I managed to click the lock button, finally locking the car behind me.

"Thank you sir."

"Not a problem." I lightly scrunched my face expressions and smiled at him.

When we entered McDonalds Harry was so amazed it felt like I got my five year old child to McDonald's for the first time, his head turning from left and right looking at the number of people walking in and out, he was blindly following me as both his hand were now clutched to my left one.