7: Can You Smile?

Music Room

"I'm not angry anymore.." Sungyeol paused as sunggyu looked at him questioningly.

"I'm just.. disappointed he said it, it hasn't been a full day so.. i still need time to forgive him"

Sunggyu understandably nodded, the handwritten note and sungyeol's choice approach just might get him somewhere.

He missed chances before so this time he'd push the issue an it didn't take long before sungyeol opened up.

"I'm willing to give him a chance to apology next  time he wants.." Sungyeol then blurted unsure over forgiving just yet. 

"Yeol.. you don't have to force it yet, but i'm sure there's been something else besides that am i right... yeol?" Sunggyu mentions then sees hesitation in his eyes.

"I'm.. sorry" Sungyeol starts "Wait why.." Sunggyu inquired then sensed the younger become emotional.

"For.. being such a weak link" he responds taking in his trembling bottom lip.

"..There's no such thing in our team, how can it be you?" Sunggyu frowns.

"I know you're trying to make me feel better but it's what i feel.." Sungyeol replies

"Well it's NOT true! sungyeol-ah where'd you get off thinking that way?" Sunggyu partially snaps then Sungyeol  goes into detail of the criticism he read that day..

How he believes it to be true in a sense and why he's been so cold and irrational towards everyone, After he felt pitiful and too embarrassed to look at sunggyu's eye's.

"I can't get them out my mind, if it's affecting me this much it has to be true" Sungyeol almost huffs running shaky fingers his hair in frustration.

"Yah Lee Sungyeol.. Look at me, If that were true then our group wouldn't be strongest altogether, That person doesn't know you or your work ethic how is their criticism true? when we've all seen you work your damnedest for years to get to where you are and where you're going.. In fact you rarely ever give up on anything an always keep a positive outlook.. Tell me what have those people writing behind a keyboard seen?" Sunggyu rants

"But I kept thinking so much that my own inner insecurities took over convincing me those words were true, i let them affect and tear into me, i didn't know what to do" Sungyeol choked out an sunggyu moved to embrace him.

It hurt him seeing sungyeol this way, but knowing the tension over the past nine days, it was something that was inevitable, so he was somewhat prepared for this but he couldn't show it tore him inside..,

"You let it build up until you became someone you didn't recognize.." Still hugging him an sungyeol nodded sniffing, god he didn't want to cry.

"I wish you didn't feel the need to scrutinize yourself or go through this alone.. We're here for you, you know.." Sunggyu scolds ending the hug.

"I thought pushing you all away was best.. I was angry at myself for all the doubt's an fighting with woohyun hyung like that.. i.. i wasn't me" Sungyeol admits teary eyed.

"He knows.. But have you realized you not being you is really depressing" Sunggyu responds an it gets him to smile subtly

"Hyung.. i'll be ready to tell the others just not now.." Sungyeol says "I'll keep it secret only if i can ask you something" Sunggyu says to the attentive younger,

"Can you smile your  smile?" 

Sungyeol gazed baffled at first then stilled, Realizing how much he lost of himself an the fact he barely smiled in the pass nine days..