23

While the flight itself was relaxing, Blackjack's thoughts sure weren't.

For no particular reason, his mind kept getting drawn towards the dream he'd had in the Labyrinth. The boss and the guy on the throne had been talking about someone. Someone who had been hurt, probably, if the boss had to 'tend to her wounds'.

Blackjack couldn't help but feel someone was missing from the camp. Someone he'd never talked to, but who he'd seen multiple times.

An image of a young girl, tending to a fire, flashed in his mind. It was brief, but Blackjack could remember now.

He slowed down his wings with the intent of landing. Before he could start descending, though, a duck, its wings flapping frantically, crashed into his face.

Blackjack and the duck both began to fall, the ground rushing upwards to meet them. The good thing about the crash was the fact that one of the duck's feet kicked the button on Blackjack's translator.

So, there's that. But then, there was also the falling, Blackjack's screaming and the duck's terrified quacking.

The campers below scrambled to get away from where they were about to crash and, most likely, die.

Blackjack spread his wings as wide as they would go, slowing down his descent. He stumbled as he landed.

The duck hopped off, shaking like a feather (A/N Geddit? Feather? Duck?). It morphed into a human. A big one, with a military buzz cut and a purple shirt with the words SPQR on it.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't see you, I swear," the kid blurted out.

"S'okay," Blackjack replied.

The kid widened his eyes, surprised that the pegasus in front of him could talk. Blackjack thought kind of rude, though. I mean, the pegasus didn't stare at the kid when he transformed from a duck into a human.

What had he been expecting? A forgiving whinny? Probably.

"Frank?" a voice called. It was Annie, who was walking towards them with Jason, Piper and Leo. "Hey, there, Zhang! Long time no see, huh?" greeted Leo.

The kid, Frank, tilted his head to the side in confusion. "What're you talking about? Hazel and I just visited, like, a week ago," he said.

"Where is Hazel, anyway?" asked Piper.

At the question, Frank's face fell, not that it had been cheerful in the first place. "I don't know," he answered quietly.

After a few "What?"s from the four other demigods, Frank said, "She's been kidnapped."

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO! NOT HAZEL! Uh, anyway, I may have forgotten to mention...Leo returned to Camp Halfblood with Festus, along with Calypso, who is currently in the infirmary, helping the Apollo kids with the patients. Festus lives in Cabin 9, which has been expanded due to the new inhabitant, with the Hephaestus kids. Sound good? Sounds good.

-Destiny