Chapter 6

Chloe's POV

"URGGGGH!" I yell as I lay in bed after my alarm wakes me up. "Six o clock is to E-e-e-e-earlyyy." I say as I stretch. I pick out a red "punk rock" shirt, black shorts and quickly get dressed. And not a minute to soon either, as Alek comes in. "Well, hello love. Good morning." He says, then sits on my bed as I put on miniscule make up. "I'm good, but tired. I don't wanna go to school, but mom will freak if I skip again. I find Bryan's monkey beanie and put over my frizzy hair. "You don't need that, just find a pony tail holder." "Is this your head?" "Well no.." "Then why are you talking about it?" I smartily comment, which shuts him up. By the time I have found five bucks under my bed and IMed Amy to meet Alek and I at the cafe, its six thirty. "Love you baby. Let's go get some coffee." I kiss him and waltz out my door. "Whatever you say, babe." I hear him say before I get all the way down the stairs. "I'm meeting Amy at the cafe! Love you!" I yell to my sleeping mother.
-time skiparino bc I can-
As we sit down, the normal banter of how the weather is and crap about school being the worst, is gone. Everyone is silent, even Amy, who always has something to say. I decide to break it after a couple of minutes by telling Amy and Paul that Valentina and Jasmine will survive. "Ames, Paul. I know we ran out on you when Brian died, but we had good reason-" "You better have! I'm-WE are scarred for life!" Amy butts in. "Anyway, Valentina and Jasmine were attacked by Harry(quick A/N 3/15/15 : It's 11.20 pm and Im tired. correct me if I'm wrong bc I'm just going on memory.) . We went to see them yesterday at the hospital and they are expected to recover."
"You took them to a hospital?! What about all your freaky cat dna?" Paul cuts in. "That hospital has a 3:1 Mai to human caretaker ratio. They're fine." My bag starts to buzz signaling it's time to get my butt to school. "I guess it's time to head to the prison.. Ready to go?" I look up at everyone. Amy downs the rest of her double shot Frappuccino and sighs as she picks up her bag and stands up. Paul does the same. Alek is the only with a smile. I reach to pick up my bag, but Alek gets there before I do. "I got it babe." He half-smiles. "Thanks."  We walk out, all of us sighing about the day ahead. Normal people don't know how easy they have it, do they? I think to myself.

We arrive at school just shy of the tardy bell. I plaster on a fake smile as I let go of Alek's hand and enter homeroom with Amy. "Chloe, no hats." The teacher reminds me. Amy hands me a ponytail holder to tame my lion's mane. I take the hat off and I place in in my bag. "Now take out your  books out and turn to page three hundred ninety four. James, begin reading about poetry."

■■■■■■■
I'm sorry yall. I know I haven't been a good writer. Tbh, I have writers block for all my current published stories. I'll be honest. I am working on this book but with school (8th grade rn) I don't have much time for anything. Maybe in summer I'll get this rolling.
Thank you all SO much for reading this. I really do love all the comments.

Inbox me with any ideas that you have for the story or if you'd like to put an OC in the book.

Cheers, Katie! c: