Chapter 5

Dad. I began to scream. "Dad! I thought you were dead! Please! Help me! Someone grabbed me in the basement, and then kidnapped me, and now I'm here...Are mom and Bryan okay?" I stopped talking. He had almost no emotion. I didn't understand what was going on. "Dad?" He continued to look at me with no response. That's when he glanced down at a panel in front of the glass window. He moved his hand until it abruptly stopped on a button. He pressed it and began to move his mouth. There must have been a speaker in the room because I could hear everything he was saying. "Morgan, your mom and brother are dead. Now it's just you and me. You and me forever. I love you Morgan, and I know that you love me too." I was extremely confused. I could again feel tears begin to form in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I searched for the strength to respond to my dad, and after a few seconds, I found it. "Um, I love you too dad, but what's going on?" "Oh Morgan, you can call me Anthony. And we're here because we love each other, and love is strong. Love always finds a way no matter what other people say." Thoughts began to run across my mind. "Dad, I don't know what you're talking about." A smirk crawled across his face. "I've been wanting to tell you this story for a while. When you were about eight years old I finally told your mother that I was in love with you. She freaked out and told me I was crazy. I couldn't believe her words, but I decided to agree with her. I know that she'd make me leave if I didn't go along with it so I've been pretending to not be in love with you for all these years, but now we can finally be together. Forever."