Chapter 33

Morning came early, and everyone headed off to our lake house destination.

Danny had to go back to his house, so he left my house early and left a note saying he'd drive separately.

After a few hours of driving, we had reached the gorgeous log cabin lake house we had rented.

Before even exiting the car I was seated in, I took a few moments to admire the beauty and serenity of the place before I started unpacking my things.

After my few moments of admiration I exited the SUV and grabbed my puppy, Josie out of the back so she could run around.

As Josie ran around sniffing everything and playing with everyone she passed buy, I grabbed my suitcase and purse out of the car bringing them into the house.

I walked into the house and was overwhelmed by the beauty of the interior, very fitting based on how pretty the outside was.

The cabin had an open floor plan with a large family room with a mantle adorned with a large set of antlers as the center of attention.

Off to the left, the group sat around a large island in the kitchen, sipping on various drinks and chatting amongst themselves.

I sat down next to Danny, joining the group.

"Nicole, this place is beautiful! Nice choice!"

"Thanks, Sam, I found it online and knew it would be perfect." I smiled, grabbing a piece of fruit off the counter.

"Today should be fun." Danny piped in. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"That lake is beautiful, let's go out by the beach." Tom suggested, everyone agreed and headed to put swimming suits on.

Everyone met up on the beach and we started all different kinds of beach activities. Beach volleyball, swimming, water guns, water balloons, soccer, tossing a football around.. The list goes on.

The day was amazing, chilling and hanging out with my closest friends, I couldn't ask for anything better.

As the day came to an end, the sun began to set and everyone was currently sitting around a bonfire playing with the puppy and roasting s'mores and hotdogs and just hanging out.

We carried on a small conversation, while over looking the lake, admiring it's beauty and waiting for the Independence Day fireworks.

Right before the sun completely set, I left my spot in our campfire circle and went to sit on the beach to fully admire the beauty and serenity of this all.

As I walked over to the beach, my puppy, Josie hopped up and followed me over.

I made my way to a beach towel laid in the sand and I sat myself down, looking out towards the lake. 

I cuddled next to my puppy, and soon the fireworks began.

I looked up toward the sky and watched the amazing displays of color shine throughout the sky.

After a short while, everyone gathered on the beach and stood around where I was sitting on the beach, looking up at the beautiful patriotic displays.

Danny came up to me and grabbed my hand pulling me close to him, as we watched the fireworks.

"Nicole. I love you." He said, looking me in the eyes.

"I love you too Danny." I replied, smiling at him.

"Nicole, I have loved you since the day I laid eyes on you, and from that moment, I knew you were the perfect girl for me." He continued, holding my hands and facing toward me as everyone looked on.

"I love you so much, and you complete me, you make me a better person, you make me realize how lucky I am, and I can't let you slip away from me, I want you to be mine forever." He said as he bent down on one knee.

Suddenly the whole thing hit me and I burst into tears.

"Nicole Brady, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife, will you marry me?"

I was sobbing tears of happiness, I was totally speechless.

"Y-yes, yes Danny." I uttered out smiling as he stood up, sliding the ring on my finger as everyone clapped and cheered.

"I love you so much." I whispered to him as he held me close to him in his embrace.

"I love you more." He whispered back, kissing my head as we continued to look up and admire the fireworks popping in the sky.

This day was more perfect than I could ever have imagined, and I am so glad I get to call my best friend and my lover my fiancé.

This summer couldn't have been any better.

Ok guys, this was one of the last chapters of the book, this story will be coming to an end soon, and I will be beginning another story!

Be on the look out for a new story on my profile, I hope you all enjoyed 'Let's see how this works out'!

Comment what you thought!