Teddy bear found on Halloween

A 9-year-old girl named Julie was trick-or-treating with her best friend Suzie. This year Julie was dressed as a witch and Suzie had a butterfly costume on cause she preferred to look nice or funny than scary. 

The girls decided to make a contest. It was Julie's idea. She told Suzie 'I've got an idea how to make our trick-or-treating even more fun & competitve'. 'How?' asked Suzie 'the butterfly girl' & smiled at her friend.

'Let's split up. I'll go to all the houses on this side of the street - & you go to all the houses on the other side of the street. We will be knocking all the doors saying 'trick or treat' - & the person who collects more sweets than the other will be the winner!' - Julie explained & smiled wide already thinking about all those Halloween sweets she might get in the moment. 'Ok' Suzie agreed 'That might be fun!'. 'Just wait till I cross the street - & then we'll start' she asked. 'Of course I will' answered Julie patiently. 'Cause we must start collecting sweets at the same moment. Our contest must be fair' she assured her winged friend. 'Good' answered Suzie. She looked left and right, crossed the street skipping happily then turned around, looked at Julie & informed her 'I am ready!'.

'Ok, so... Ready... Steady... Go!' shouted Julie & both girls ran to the nearest houses on their sides of the street giggling and carrying their 'now still empty but soon to be filled' Halloween bags. They knocked the doors at the same time, but only Suzie could say 'trick or treat' because nobody opened the door in the house on Julie's side of the street. 'Oh No! - I forgot that they're not home today!' said Julie. 'They always go to some Halloween party in town' she recalled looking at the empty house in her neighbourhood. 'Maybe someone opens the door in the next house' she thought aloud and walked to the next door. 

At the same time Suzie heard a nice woman voice 'Ok, ok, just a second!' going from behind the door of the first house she just knocked.