The Pain

1 month later.....

I sprinted through the white corridors, laughing so hard I was shaking. Nine ran through the doors after me and in one fluid movement, used his anti gravity to run up the wall and pick me up. Not one to be defeated that easily, i retaliated, using my ice powers to freeze his hands. he dropped me and i landed neatly. The rest of the Garde charged in and i felt myself lifted off my feet by 5 different telekenetic hands.By this point i was crying with laughter. suddenly, Sarah rushed at john and tackled him to the floor, starting a domino effect. Within 10 seconds, everyone was lying in a messy heap on the floor laughing so hard that no one could speak for a solid 5 minutes.

Malcom walked in followed by Sam."well done everyone i think that training sesssion went well"

we brushed ourselves off and then went and showered. It was still weird for me as i was used to having to fight for the shower when i was with Elizabeth. Here there were enough for everyone.

Elizabeth.

I started tearing up. This had been happening to me a lot recently and i knew it would probably never go away. I stood in the hall way crying silently. Suddenly, i felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun round, ready to throw someone off. It was just nine though. I relaxed. He saw i was crying immediately and wrapped me in a hug. He didn ask any awkward questions like why i was crying and he also didnt say anything shallow and stupid like it will be fine. I knew he had sufferend losses as well. So instead of talking, we just stood there, sharing the pain of losing someone you loved. Eventually, I untangled myself and wiped my eyes, managing a small smile. Maybe the pain would never go away, but i had found out that if you share it then at least it lessens a little.

I would never stop missing Elizabeth. I knew that. But I had to put the past behind me. Or risk letting it destroy me. Until there was nothing left but sadness and pain. That was not what she wouldve wanted. I needed to be strong. For my friends. For Lorien.