Rookie...

You started to tap your pen on your notepad patiently waiting for the chief of police to call you into his office. You brushed back your hair and looked around the department. Then, a officer tapped your shoulder and said " he's waiting for you inside, miss ", you made a little smile and said " thank you". You walked in and saw the chief look up at you and say " hello, miss- ", you sat down and then realized you didn't tell him your name. You said " oh i'am y/n ", you smiled and he smiled back and said " so, your here because you want to ask me questions on a criminal by the name of the joker ". You dropped your pen and picked it back up and brushed back your hair again and said " yes, hehe ". He said " well, there really isn't much I can say.. he robbed about four banks, he has terrorized the whole city and we are doing the best we can to capture him and put him into jail ". You started to talk while you were writing " and put him in jail, ok ", the chief looked at you and smiled " are you new ". You brushed your hair back again and said " oh, yes i'am a rookie at the office so, yea. How did you know ", he leaned in his chair and said " I know a rookie when I see one do any of the- ", you interrupted him and said " yup, but they don't really make fun of me like before ", and smiled. He chuckled and said " well that's really all I can tell you unless, we can find this guy ", you smiled and said " oh ok well thank you chief for taking you time on giving me this information and I'll come back as soon as you catch him, haha ". You went out of his office and out of the department to walk back to the press. When you got there you walked calmly into the building saying hello to everyone and no one saying hi back to you. You walked into your bosses office and put your notepad on his desk and said " there you go sir, the info on the case ", you smiled and sat on the chair in front of him and watched as he read the info. Your boss mumbled out everything written on the notepad and then, placed it back on his desk and removed his glasses from his face and said " y/n, y/n I like you, you know, I really do, but do you really want me to give this to the news network ". You frowned and said " but sir this is all I got ", he started to clean the lenses of his glasses and said " y/n I can't give this to the news, it's nothing ". You were about to say something till he interrupted and said " y/n you have to give me something else, hun. You gotta give me news, ok sweetie, you think you can give me something ". You looked down and looked back up and said " yes, sir ", he smiled and said " ok y/n ", he gave me back the notepad and I grabbed the knob to the door and turned to him and said " I'll give you something that will blow you away, Mr. Patterson ".