Chapter 18 - Interlude

Song of the Chapter: Exit Wounds because I love The Script

...

Chapter 18
Interlude

BLUE'S PERSPECTIVE

Where the heck is he?

I stared at the nearly emptied wine glass and the phone that I gave him. If he just placed this in his pocket, I could have contacted him by now. I have been waiting for hours already.

Damn Darryl, where are you?

FLASHBACK

Mason and I followed the board members out the conference room after the exhaustive meeting, although we both knew that we weren't really paying attention. We were both chuckling on the joke about us being bored during the meeting.

When we reached the glass door, I saw Darryl staring at me.

I almost rush to him. I definitely miss him. I miss how he felt against my arms. But not now, I still have an unfinished business to attend to. Until then, I have to wait.

Even so, I still want to talk to him. I miss how he articulates the words especially when he utters my name let alone when he moans it.

Arms engulfed my neck and I suddenly felt a peck on my lips and I saw Claire, smiling at me. "Good Job."

"Thanks." I muttered although I really want to get out of her hug. And she did let go of me only to clung back into my arms like a leech.

I sighed. Two more weeks, two more weeks and Darryl and I will be finally together.

Darryl, just wait.

I glanced at him but he was shadowed by Mason whose back is at my direction.

What are they talking about?

I narrowed my eyes. Something is definitely going on between the two. And that touch they shared in the boardroom a while ago, surely something is up.

I just shook my head and chuckled to myself after I realized what I was thinking.

Mason is just friendly, he always is and Darryl is not that hard to befriend. And Mason, that bastard, will never swing this way right?

I'm being paranoid.

...

All of the board members of both companies have already went back to their respective works. Each of them stopped by at me to congtatulate and whatsoever.

The last one left but I scanned the room and took no sign of Mason. That guy really is a jerk.

I chuckled at the thought. Then I remembered, I have to talk to Darryl.

But where is he?

"Sheila, have you seen McKinley?" I approached my secretary.

She looked up from the computer screen. "I haven't seen him after the meeting sir." She said. "And sir, it's Laila, not Sheila."

"Oh." I said as I barely comprehend what she meant. My mind is on Darryl's whereabouts.

I took my phone and dialled his number and was surprised to hear Beyonce at the top of Darryl's desk.

I looked at it. He left his phone?

END OF FLASHBACK

I stared at the phone again and I heard the front door creeking.

DARRYL'S PERSPECTIVE

Ugh. Why does it have to creek? Damn door!

I slapped it and "Ow!" Great! You're some idiot Darryl.