"Genta!! What the hell are you doing!!??? "

Huh?

She turned her head towards the dock when she heard that familiar voice which she felt she hadn't heard in ages.

There near the dock was a tall boy and a large plump boy, both lost in a argument, something about eels. The tall boy and freckles and the large boy had a yen sized hole on his shaven head. Ayumi felt tears of happiness in her eyes. Without a doubt she dropped her bag and ran over to them. She didn't stop running until she bumped into the tall boy and hugged him from behind, taking him and his companion both by surprise.

"What the-Ayumi!!!" He said in surprise when he noticed who hugged him.

Ayumi now had tears in her eyes as she hugged him tighter, afraid that if she let him go he would disappear forever.

"Mitsuhiko... ", she managed to mumble.

Genta in the meantime grabbed his phone and started dialing Conan as Mitsuhiko hugged the crying girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Haibara's POV;Basement}

The strawberry blonde haired girl sat in the silence and darkness of her room. Her blanket hiding her from what hid in the pitch black nothingness. Her face was tear stained, she was skinnier than usual from lack of food, and had dark bags under her eyes. She had given up. Trying to find and bring back Ayumi had failed. The only thought that Haibara had in her mind was that she was dead.

Yes dead.

Maybe they shot her or tortured her until she went insane.

And who's fault was it?

Sherry's. Shiho's. Ai's.

Why didn't that stupid damn drug kill her!?

If she was dead then a innocent girl wouldn't have suffered because of her sins. Maybe she can stop this. Before any other innocent people that got involved with her get hurt. She stood up and groggily walked towards the chair near the computer. With a grunt she grabbed it and pushed it under the light on the ceiling. She then went to the closet door and rummaged around till she found what she was looking for.

A rope.

She fixed everything up and was finally standing on the chair, the rope around her neck. Looking down at the floor she thought,

Gomen Conan, I was hoping to restart my life and be with you forever, but I have hurt too many innocent people. I hope you will understand and get over a murderer like me.....

Taking a deep breath, she prepared to take a step.

"Ai-chan!! Noo!!"

Huh?

Haibara stopped herself and turned around and gasped.

Standing near the doorway was Ayumi, behind her was Conan, Mitsuhiko, Genta, and a worried Agasa. They wanted to move towards her but were afraid that she would jump off the chair and hang herself.

"Ayumi?"

It couldn't be. Shebwas hallucinating.... Ayumi was dead....
"Ai-chan, please get off the chair and take that rope off. ", Ayumi said as she made a move towards her.

"No. You're dead. They killed you!!"

"No Ai-chan, I'm alive!! See. They didn't hurt me!!" Ayumi shouted, almost closed to tears.

"Ai!! Please take that rope off!!" Conan shouted.

Haibara looked at the rope tied in her neck.

With a sigh, she smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks and she started untying the rope. As she was struggling trying to untying she lost her balance.

No

"NOOOO!! AI-CHAN!!"

Haibara closed her eyes as she prepared darkness to overcome her, but instead felt the softness of cotton against her cheek. She opened her eyes to meet Conan's sweaty and worried face. In the last minute he had managed to save her from falling and luckily the rope came loose when she fell and was now swaying back and forth....

She looked up at his cobalt blue eyes and started crying in his sweater as he hugged her tight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The story is finally done! Well almost not yet. The next chapter will be the epilouge! And it will include the summary of the sequel which will take place 6 years after this event.