Chapter 1: Scars

Shelby's P.O.V:

It was another normal day. Wake up, cut, eat, record, cut, sleep, and repeat.
I've lived like this for the past couple months, probably almost a year. Or at least ever since Tyler cheated on me.
I may seem all rainbows and sun shines but honestly, I just force it most of the times. But I'd prefer everyone to be happy and not worry about me.
Just then, my Skype goes off. Ross. I put my headset on, put on a smile, and accept the call. "Haiii! " I scream in my high pitched voice.
"Ahh! Jesus Shelby." Screams Max.
"Oh, hey Max!"
"Hey Shelbs. "
"Hi Ross." Ross says loudly. We all laugh.
"So what's up?" I say in a perky voice.
"Well, Max and I wanted to know if you wanted to fly down and stay with us before vidcon started. You know to just hang out and stuff." Says Ross in a funny voice.
"I'd love to! " I squeak. "When do you want me to fly down?"
"That's the thing... " Max says weirdly. "You'd have to leave tonight... "
"Then what am I doing here talking to you losers! I gotta go pack! Text me all the details! " I scream before ending the call and getting everything packed.
First, I packed some blades at the bottom of my suitcase so nobody can see them. Then I took another one and put it in my purse. I still had a few left so I put them in my other bags.
Then, I packed some shirts, pants, makeup, and other things since I'll be at Max and Ross's house for almost two months.
Eventually, by the time I was done packing, Ross texted me my flight time and all the rest of the information. My flight leaves in an hour.
I quickly pull on my hoodie to cover my cuts, grab my stuff, and head to the airport.

Max's P.O.V:

Shelby's flight is about to land. I haven't seen her in years. We Skype almost everyday, unless one of us has solo videos to record. I feel like I know everything about her, even more after breakup.
It's kind of weird... After the breakup, she seemed to get over it really fast, but she's always happy so I guess she found a way to deal with it.
I knew a girl who got cheated on and the only way she could solve it was cutting. The thought sometimes scares me. Shelby, all alone with blade making cuts along her wrist.
Now that I think about it... She rarely wear anything that isn't long sleeve. I know I'm probaly over thinking it but today's going to be in the 90° and if she wears a jacket, I'll check for cuts.
Just then, Shelby's plane lands and people start to flood out.
Threw the crowd of people I can see short Shelby. Since she couldn't see me I decided to just stare at her. I know it sounds creepy but shes just so beautiful. I've never wanted to say anything because if I lost her... Damn.
I finally decide to walk to her since she looks really lost. "M'lady. " I say offering to take her bag.
"Max! " She says jumping into my arms.
Just then, I realize she's wearing a hoodie. "Hey Shelbs, it's pretty hot out . You should probably take off that hoodie." I say trying not to blow my cover.
"I'll take it off when we get home." She says slowly pulling down the sleeves. Somethings defiantly up.

--time skip--

Shelby's P.O.V:

On the way home I was slightly gittery from when Max told me to take off my hoodie. It was pretty hot out but I never put makeup over my scars.
Once we arrived home, I quickly got out of the car when a dark wave came over me.
I can see why Tyler dumped you. I mean look at you! You think he was impressed! I bet Max and Ross just feel bad for you. Nobody loves you. That's why you and Max always stayed friends, because NOBODY LOVES YOU!
The voice keeps repeating making my head pound. I push my temple and know what I need to do. I quickly grab my bags and run into the house.
I throw my suitcase on the bed and search for my blade.
Just then, I hear footsteps. I quickly grab the blade and hide it in my sleeve. "Hey Shelby, you ok?" Max says with concern.
"Uh... Yeah. Just really had to pee." I say smiling heading towards the door.
"Oh ok. Hey Shelbs if yo-" Max says before I run inside the bathroom.
"Hold that thought Max really have to pee." I yell threw the door.
I quickly pull out the blade from my sleeve and start slashing my arm. Why the fuck am I so useless!
I continue to cut even thought I'm bleeding faster. "Shelby open up. " Max says loudly.
"I'm going to the bathroom." I yell moving to the end of the bathroom. Just a few more cuts.
"Shelby, you've been in there for almost an hour... Just come out." Max says. I can tell he's against the door.
I quickly turn on the sink and wash my arm and blade. I pull down my sleeve and flush the toliet. I open the door and Max nearly topples over. "Sorry I was cutting my nails." I say. Just then, I notice a red circle starting to form on my hoodie. Shit. "I'm pretty tired Max. I think I might go to bed." I say and fake yawn.
"Shelby are you sure your ok? " max says putting a hand on my shoulder.
Nobody can love me.
I nudge his hand off. "I'm great! Why wouldn't I be? " I say slowly heading towards my room.
"Shelby take off your jacket." Max demands.
"What? No." I say harshly with a slight nervousness in it.
"Shelby why won't you?" Max says getting closer to me.
"Bad sun burn." I say sternly.
Suddenly, Max grabs my wrist and i wince in pain.
I can see the concern increase and I know what he's going to do.
"Max please don't... " I say quietly feeling tears start to form.
He ignores me and pulls my sleeve up revealing every cut.
His eyes widened but I can't tell from what.
He's disgusted by you. He's terrified of you. He doesn't love you.
All these thoughts race in my head and I try to pull away but his tightens, causing me to wince again.
I fall to the ground in defeat and weakness. Why did he have to do that.
Max is still holding onto me. Just looking.
Suddenly, he lifts me up bridal style and carries me to his room.
Once in there, he lays me on the bed.
I can't even look at him. I can feel the judgment and it makes me want to cut more.
"How long has this been going on." He demands but you can tell he wants to cry.
"Almost a year..." I say quietly.
"Why didn't you tell me. We've told each other everything..." Max says. I can feel the hurt that I caused.
"I don't won't to fuck up everyone else's lives so they can baby me. I'm fine." I say smiling looking up at Max through my tears. He then sits on the bed and holds me.
"Shh... Rest. We can talk about more in the morning." Max says as he lays down, pulling me with him.
He placed his arms protectively around me. It gave me this warm feeling. A feeling that might get me out of this dark hole.