Our Twins

November 29, 1995

Corpus Christi, TX

SELENA POV

Today is my due date! Finally, I'm ready to have these babies! I'm so ready to be a mom! When I was asleep, I felt a sharp cramp in my stomach and felt water was gushing out of me. It was a perfect time on my due date. My water broke in my bed on my due date. That's when I have to yelled for Chris.

"Chris! Chris!" I screamed.

Chris ran up to me and felt my belly. "Chris, my water just broke! The baby's coming! He make sure I am taking breathes while he getting dressed up. When he got finished up dressed, he helped me to get dressed, so he grabbed my long black dress, although I took my time slowly while my husband putting on my dress on me. What a lovely husband that I have. We grabbed my purse, our phones, two diaper bags, baby blankets, a pillow for myself and Chris brought two baby carriers to put it in the back seat. Chris helped me to get in the car and buckled my seat belt.

These contractions are killing me! I was holding Chris's hand while he's driving. I'm crying and screaming in pain. I need help.

I WANT THESE BABIES OUT!!!

AUTHOR'S POV

On the way to the hospital, Chris blowing his car horn through the cars from the highway because this is an emergency! His wife's in a labor! She having a baby! They can't wait long. This is crazy!

Chris pulled up at the front entrance of the hospital. He called out for help to the doctors help Selena to get out of the car to get on the wheelchair.

They got her in the wheelchair and take her to the ER. She's sweating, she's crying and she is in definitely in pain right now.

Chris came back in the hospital after parked the car. He saw the doctors taking Selena to the room. So he helped the doctors to put his wife in the hospital bed.

The doctors put an epidural on my back to stop the pain then she started to lay down in bed. Chris grabbed Selena's pillow to put in on her head. Chris hold her hand then Selena went to sleep.

CHRIS POV

Seeing my wife in the bed, is going to have our babies. It's the best day of my life! I'm about to be a father! I hold her hand and now she's sleeping. Gosh, she's so beautiful!

Later on, it's time!

H O U R S L A T E R

SELENA POV

After waking up from my nap, the doctors is getting ready to do the labor and delivery so they took me to the labor and delivery room and Chris dressed up as a nurse just to stay by my side through the delivery. He looks so cute!

So the doctors are ready to perform C section since this is a high risk pregnancy.

Ok. here we go....

The doctors cut my low stomach to reach my babies out. Chris is holding my hand while the doctor reaching my uterus... on 3:24 am, my beautiful baby boy has welcome to the world. He's so handsome! He was crying, but he was breathing. The doctors cleaned him up while Chris cut the umbilical cord. Then the doctors measured him. He weighs 6 pounds 14oz and he looks like mixture between Chris and myself so We decided to name him Antonio Christoper Perez.

They wrapped him in a blanket and brought Antonio to Chris and myself. He is so perfect. Get ready for baby #2!

The doctors reaching my uterus again for my second baby. They got her out. And oh my gosh! She's so beautiful! She looks just like me! We name Maria Selena Perez! She weighed 6 Ibs 16oz. I immediately started to tear up! I just had twins! My first two kids! I'm officially a mom! My dream came true! Our dream came true!

AUTHOR'S POV

Chris called Selena's family to let know they need to come to the hospital.

"Hello." Suzette, Selena's sister answered.

"We got a surprise for you guys. You can come to the hospital." Chris said.

"Ok. I will tell them." Suzette got excited.

Suzette tells the family that they need to come to the hospital.

A H O U R L A T E R

Selena's family had came to the hospital after leaving from the gift shop because Chris thinks it's a surprise.

They came to the hospital and saw Selena holding two babies and they can't believe it!

Suzette screamed "Oh my God!" and hugged her sister and congratulate her. "I'm so happy for you." Suzette sniffed.

Chris and Selena decided to let the family to hold the twins. It is such a beautiful family moment. Until one of the doctor decides to take a family photo and congratulate the new parents and the new additions of the family.

Everything is perfect.