Chapter 2: A Turn For The Better?

You allowed yourself to drown out the world and the horrible prices that came with it. You listened to STARISH in your closed bedroom to let yourself relax. You sang along softly, trying to ease your heart rate. It was unreasonable for a prized pop idol to just...graze your hand like it was no big deal. But then again, maybe it wasn't a big deal? Maybe you were over thinking it? Girls who worked in smoothie shops had their hands grazed by idols all the time...no big deal at all.

"Yeah right," you turned over on your bed. It was a very big deal. But you weren't trying to think too hard into it. Most likely, you were never going to see STARISH in those type of states again. Just calm and by themselves and not being swarmed by a sea of crazy fan girls. Never again. Too bad it completely slipped your mind to get an autograph.

"(Y/N)!" called your mom from downstairs. "Dinner's ready!"

You liked eating that's for sure. You heard that over the intense volumes of your music.

For dinner, your mom cooked a traditional meatloaf and vegetables to fit in as side dishes. Your infant sister sat lop sided in her high chair as your mom spoon fed her banana baby food.

"How was your day?" your mom asked.

You gave her a somewhat appalled look but nonetheless you gave her a generic answer.

"Um, fine."

"Good. That's great. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I've got a job interview tomorrow."

You stabbed your fork into your green beans and looked up at her with your mouth wide open.

"That's awesome mom! I know you've been looking for one for a long time."

"Yep. And if I get the job, you can finally quit yours if you want to."

You planned on it anyway. Just a few more days.

"Yeah," you said. "that job is too whack for me. My coworkers are super lazy, we're always running low on supplies, and since when did I apply to work as a repairman too?"

"Yeah. I hate that you have to work there, which is why I've been applying to all sorts of places. Finally, I've got an interview for a sales associate position."

Not bad, you thought. Will the pay be great, no. But it would be more than what you were making regardless.

Things were surprisingly taking a turn for the better. An interview didn't mean she immediately got the job, but there was a chance, and that's all that mattered.

~~~~~~~~

The next day was more crammed than the last. But you didn't mind, as you'd be quitting in two more days anyway, right when you got your last pay check on Friday. A double berry swirl here, a pineapple supreme there. The fruity dressed drinks didn't stop all day.

Just as it rounded three o'clock, you took a seat and wiped the sweat from your brow. Business was booming because it was summer, and who didn't want a cold, slushy smoothie in eighty degree weather?

You stared into space for some moments, which felt good to your brain. Relaxation temporarily took over until a familiar, soft pale hand smacked down in front of you. You abruptly looked up prepared to spat at the rude customer in front of you, but turns out it was an angel with blue eyes so blue that they made the ocean feel jealous.

"Hey you," Syo greeted outgoingly. "I want my peach mango retreat again."

Your heart gurgled in your chest, hitting your breast bone. Out of all the possibilities to happen in such a short timespan, you most definitely didn't think that Syo Kurusu would make a reappearance at your job! No one around seemed to notice the star and his trendy blond and pink hair. You stood up - nearly tripping over your feet - and bowed curtly to him.

"Hi," you smiled when you popped back up, breathless. "it's an honor to see you again."

"Same here," he smiled at you. His teeth were gorgeously white, which suddenly made you very self conscious. Why, with your plain pulled back hair and your drab uniform clothes, you looked like a peasant in front of idol royalty.

You didn't let it bug you too much though.

After taking Syo's order, you and him continued to play eye tag with each other. You caught him staring and he looked away, and then you stared at him and he looked away. It was hard to tell if he was being bluntly serious about his eye contact or just merely flirting, but you didn't let that stop you from peering into his shiny blue eyes. You gave him his smoothie once it was finished being made and he nodded his head towards you.

"Arigatou," he grinned, turning and heading out the door. You looked after him, wondering if he'd be looking back at you. He never did.

"(Y/N)," approached a strained and annoying voice. It was no other than Rosaline, your unfair and totally rude boss.

"Stop lolly gagging over customers and get back to work. The strawberry machine needs some extra tweaking so go back there and get to fixing."

It didn't even bother you and it was amazing. Syo was amazing. His eyes were pretty and his smile was to die for. You couldn't believe that he came back just to see you, or else, it felt like it. You wanted to scream with joy and jump up and down and cry but sadly...you had a machine to clean.

Only two more days.

Don't forget to vote, share, read, and just plainly enjoy! ;)