003

P e t e r P a r k e r

After spending twenty minutes, tossing and turning in my bed I decided to actually get up. I rubbed my eye with my fist trying my best to not tempt myself in to I going back to bed.

I entered the living room, a yawn escaped my lips as I watched my aunt turn the tv volume higher. I closed my eyes for a brief second, letting the news anchor's voice sooth me to light sleep.

"Reports have shown that a 'Spider-Man' is becoming Manhattans very own knight in shining spandex"

At that, my eyes shot wide open. Knight in shining spandex? I knew I'd grow a bad nickname sometime.

Video footage played of me from the night before, the night that I stopped a crook from robbing the bank. "We'll look at that" My aunt said pointing at the tv. "Manhattans very own hero" she smiled and I nodded along.

"Yeah, he's a hero alright" I sighed and got up. You know what's so bad about having a secret identity? Having to keep it a secret! Recently I've just been so stressed, especially with Flash out to kick my butt.

🕷 🕷 🕷

"Morning" I greeted Jen as she yawned, stretching her arms out wide. She was never the early bird. "I'd kill for a coffee right now" she sighed as we walked to our school vending machine.

We walked to our next lesson, biology. We took our usual seats, me and Jen sitting next to each other of course. With Gwen and Harry sitting behind us.

Mr.Kahn, the middle aged African-American teacher walked around the class. He finally took his seat before standing up again.

"Today class" he said, his accent prominent in his voice. "We'll be learning about radioactivity" about 90% in the class groaned, including Jennifer.

It's not like we haven't covered it before, we had spent an entire term learning about it in freshmen year. "This term we'll be learning about the biochemical side affects rather than the physics related with radioactivity"

I kind of cheered at this, biochemistry was a million times easier than physics. I listened contently to what he was saying until he reached the part about mutations.

"Exposure to these kind of radiation such as gamma and beta rays can have consequential side affects" he explained and then pulled up a picture of random moles on people's bodies.

"Not just these kind of side affects" he explained and then pulled up a news report that was from four years ago.
"Scientist believe that the infamous fantastic four are an example of radiation"

I gasped at this. They gained superpowers from exposure to radiation. "So you gain superpowers?" Flash yelled from across the room and making Mr.Kahn shake his head.

"Very unlikely. What it does is increases the chance of getting cancer" I could literally imagine Flash's face whimpering at the thought.

"So do not try this at home or anywhere" he explained and I nodded along once again. As much as I wanted to be exposed to gamma ray radiation and become invisible or be ignite at any given moment, I wouldn't want to risk the chance of cancer.

I looked at Jen who was already staring at me. "What are you thinking about?" She asked, her chestnut eyebrows slightly arched. "Just me as a superhero" I laughed and she nodded along.

After our little conversation, Mr. Khan pulled up pictures of animals who'd been exposed to radiation. A dog, cat, eel, and even a spider. I heard Jen gasp from beside me. "That thing looks exactly like the spider from before" I shook my head at her paranoia.

"That spider has brown fur, the one from last night had black" I explained and she nodded calming down. "It still has those bulging red eyes" she exclaimed and I shook my head at her childishness.

She slapped my arm to refrain me from laughing, but I didn't. "I'm serious!" She yelled making me laugh even more. "You could've been bitten by a radioactive spider for all I know"

🕷 🕷 🕷

I waved my friends goodbye as we all went out separate ways, Harry and Jen walked the same way whilst Gwen and I took two separate routes.

But the difference is that I did not go home, I went to a very familiar alley and quickly changed my clothes. Peter Parker did not exit that alley way, Spider-Man did.

I crawled my way over the rooftops, jumping from one to another when I saw a certain brunette walking a different way from her usual one.

I followed her, interested in her new found route. I watched as she shivered in her thin, black long sleeved shirt that was tucked tightly in to her black jeans, and it did absolutely nothing to protect her from the weather. I watched as she turned the corner and headed further in to the alley .

I cautiously leaned forwards to see what she was doing but she must've sensed it because she began looking around. I was just about to head back and carry on my business as usual when I heard a scream.

"Agh" A small scream escaped her lips as she was pushed up against the wall, something shiny shoved at the bottom of her chin. "Just do as I say and no one gets hurt" he whispered, probably drunk.

"No, just do as I say and no one gets hurt" I smiled, making my dramatic entrance. The man ignored it and shifted the knife lower and closer to her throat. "Now, like I said before just-" he didn't have enough time to finish the sentence because I spun my web and wrapped it from under his leg and pulled it from bellow.

"Who are you?" She yelled.

"Who am I?" I questioned, and a smirk began to crawl on my face. "I'm the Spectacular Spider-Man" wow, that came out super cheesy.

"Thank you Spider-Man" she thanked me and began to carry on walking.

J e n n i f e r   G r e y

I kept walking until I heard a thud next to me, making me freeze. I turned to my left waiting to be met by the man before but I didn't. "Spider-Man?" I breathed out, glad that it wasn't the creep from before. "The one and only" he replied in his cocky, arrogant voice.

I carried on walking and he followed. I stopped. He stopped. "Are you stalking me?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. I began to walk again and he followed. I stopped and turned around to face him. "Thank you for your assistance Spider-Man but it's no longer needed" I informed him but he nevertheless stayed.

I raised my eyebrow at him and he just shrugged his shoulders. "I'm walking you home" he said, finally revealing his true motives. "It's fine" I said, glaring at him now. "I'm still gonna walk you home" he said and I just nodded, I was way too tired to fight with him now.

We walked to my house in a comfortable silence until we reached my house door. "This is it" I said pointing to the brown door with the number 18. He nodded and stood by me for a millisecond before beginning to leave.

"Good bye Spider-Man" I waved and he turned around nodding. This was my first encounter with Spider-Man and I had yet to have many more.