Gone Too Soon/BET Lifetime achievement

Year
2009

-Angeliyah-

"MAMA! COME HERE!!" 15 year old Zain called after me from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I left out going to the living room.

Everyone and everything is going great with our family. We are perfect, actually me and Prince just celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.

I walked in seeing Zain crying and paisley who is 12, just staring at the TV. I looked up and saw the headline.

MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50

No this is not right....I just talk to him last week. He was perfectly fine.

"This gotta be a joke." I laughed coldly. My phone began ringing in the kitchen.

I went to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Liyah, i-it's Janet."

I haven't talked to her talk in so long. If she calling then it's must be true.

"Is he gone Janet?" My voice starts breaking. I heard her soft sobs.

"Yes he is." I feel down to my knees crying. I threw my phone at the wall. Zain came in hugging me tightly.

Michael was close to both of my children and I know that they are hurting too.

He was just starting his comeback tour. Michael sounded so happy talking about to me. I was happy for him.

"Paisley is telling dad now. You wanna go lay down."

"No come on." I got up with Zain going into the living room.

I sat on the couch staring at the TV. Pictures of him began to show up. I couldn't look at them.

Tears rolled down my face as I felt Prince arms wrapped around me. I glanced at Prince who was crying too.

"This is not fair!" I screamed making everyone look at me.

It's just not fair.....

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Year
2010

It's been a year since my friend,brother and mentor pass along. I've been trying my hardest to move on for him. Prince was very helpful with that.

Speaking of Prince, my little husband is getting honor tonight. I'm very proud how far he achieved. It's a tribute in his honor with four performances. And I'm one of them performing but he doesn't know. It's a surprise for him.

I'm also hosting it and  I'm nervous like always.

"Ayeee!" Paisley said while dancing to '18 & over' by her father. I can't believe he still comfortable with her listen to this. Shit I started dancing too.

We are at the hotel getting ready for the show and this is her and Zain's first award show.

" 18 & over, I wants 2 bone ya-"

"Nun uh, you can dance but not sing." Prince said while stopping the music. Zain laughed at paisley getting in trouble.