Twenty-Three: Am I Right, Mr. Little-Dick?

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, the top floor of the company was completely dark. Gretal and John both glanced at Oscar and he scoffed. "Is that why I'm here," he said as his entire body erupted in flames, "so you can use me as your personal nightlight?"

Gretal glanced down the staircase and sighed, seeing it would take a while before they reach any of the main floors. "I'm glad you finally realized it, Rodriguez."

John took his bag off his shoulders again, unzipping it and handing the other two goggles.

"What are these?" Oscar said slowly.

"Well, Oscar's too noticeable with his flame. Plus you might activate the smoke alarms, if they still work that is. So it's best we use night vision goggles. Let's stay quiet for now and only whisper."

Oscar extinguished his flame. "I guess you're right. Plus we don't even know if Arachne has any stray guards around here. She probably planned ahead of us. She probably planned for us to enter through here-"

"No worries." John smiled. "This is where Blaise comes in. He just told me he hacked the security cameras inside the company as well. As of right now he's said our coast is clear until we reach the second floor, it seems like someone's hiding in the shadows. It could be to ambush so we'll wait for Blaise's directions when we reach the second floor."

"Alright! Let's kick some ass." Gretal grinned.

• • • •

To be honest, Gretal almost tripped over her own feet at least fifteen times. During most of those times she made the cat in her bag hiss or whine. She silently prayed the poor animal would be okay by the end of their mission.

They were finally off the staircase and walking into endless hallways. It felt like a maze and Gretal was about to go insane and what's worse is that she's stuck with the most annoying people she knows. At least she has Wade (the cat). Yup, Wade, better known as Wade Winston Wilson. Maybe once Deadpool sees that she's name a cat after him he'll accept her as his sidekick. That would be nice.

She thinks about all the cat memes Deadpool would end up doing with this cat version of himself. She can't help but think. . . nyah.

"What the fuck, Gretal, watch where you're going!" John hissed as he held a hand to the back of his neck.

Gretal held her nose, finally starting to feel the pain. "Maybe you should move faster, dumbass."

"Forget that. Blaise said there's a staircase that leads to the second floor. Let's take a right."

Oscar glanced down at the barely dimmed stairs that lead into nothing but darkness. "What about Arachne's mystery guard? Aren't they on the second floor?"

"Yeah." Summer's nodded. "They haven't switched positions yet. Blaise will let us know when to move once we're down there."

Gretal took a breath. She felt Wade squirm through the fabric of her book bag and quickly took straps off her shoulder, placing the bag against her chest instead. She peeked inside, smiling. "It's okay, Wade, once we're done I'll give you a nice treat."

Oscar poked her shoulder. "You named it Wade?"

"Well, of course. That name belongs to the number one antihero of all time."