1: Nothing's Easy

Start from the beginning

Again, a lot of people cheered. Great. 

"Hold on a minute, are you trying to harass us with that?" I squinted at Anabelle. She really would do something like this.

"Talking about heartbreaking songs, its definitely Taylor Fast."

"Adeel is also good, right?"

My friends started picking their songs, much to my amusement. 

"Don't forget Draco!"

"What the hell, you are all getting into this!" I exclaimed. I so feel the comfort from them. I glanced at Shane beside me, who was also searching for a heartbreaking song. "What the fuck Shane. Why are you looking at Rijana's page!"

After hours of horrendous yet hilarious singing and drinking of booze, I started to feel light. I was too far gone that I didn't realize I was spitting my guts out.

"...actually, after graduating," I slurred, "I already had a plan to move out and stay with Ken, you know." I smirked.

"And yet why," I sharply glared at my best friend beside me. "I'm talking about why your stupid girlfriend had to ruin everything!" I squinted my eyes at him, and I could see him slightly surprised.

"I know," he sighed, "but what about your guy?" He shot back.

"By the way Shane," I let my drunken self observe our surroundings. "Where is everyone?"

We both looked around. No wonder it was so quiet. It was only the two of us left in the room. All the trash and cluttered mess were the only things left aside from us two.

"Seems like," he paused, "they went back? I think," Shane slurred his words. 

"Are you serious? We have like, another hour left," I grunted.

"Damn them." Shane swiped the songs list on the table, "we continue to sing to further put ourselves into misery, my friend."

I gave him what I think was a chuckle, and decided to search for a song as well. After a minute, I paused. Something just passed through my mind.

"You know Shane," I started, leaning back on the couch, "If I were to talk about the thing that shocked me the most when Ken rejected me," I slowly glanced at Shane, who was in turn trying to listen.

"I would say it was that I couldn't cry. Even though he was my first boyfriend, and even though we had been together for three years, tears wouldn't come out of my eyes."

I paused, my brows wrinkling on my forehead. "I wonder why."

"Wasn't it because of that?"

"Huh?" I rose one brow at him. What that?

"You just didn't like Ken that much at all." I blinked my eyes at him. Say what?

"But frankly speaking, it had seemed real right? Ken probably felt uneasy about it as well." Shane looked serious for a moment. "I've put in a song. Huh? Where's my mic?" He began searching around his seat.

I stared at my bestfriend. Was it really true? Was it really like that?

"Hey Yvette, can I borrow your mic?" Shane stared at my hand, which was clutching at my mic.

"No!" I glared at him whilst Shane struggled to steal my mic from me. "Give it back!" Because for some reason, I'm really annoyed.

He smirked, "If that's how it's gonna be..." 

I shrieked as Shane grabbed my arm and pulled me to his lap. Trying to recover, I found myself dying in laughter as he tickled me with his might. 

"I've known you for a long time Yvette, I know your weak spots!" 

"Oh my gosh," I was literally dying, "I'm sorry I'll give it back!" I tried so hard to get out from his grasp as my body wriggled around his lap. He didn't listen and kept on tickling me. "I said I'll give it back!"

Shane gave me an indifferent look, "I don't trust anything women say anymore."

"Please stop, I'll die!"

Shane gave a pfft sound in response.

"I'll dieeeee! I swear!"

"Please Shane!" I was laughing so hard I didn't notice he already stopped. I took a peek to see his face and all I could read from him was...nothing.

He was staring at me blankly, or indifferently, I couldn't really tell. He didn't move, just simply looked at me, and I felt his one hand on my waist, and one hand on my neck. 

I didn't even see it coming.

Shane raised my head towards his and let his lips touch mine. It was intimate until it got rough, our breathing ragged. Our kissing was too intense suddenly that it was hard to break apart. Everything was forgotten, until I heard my phone going off.

We stared silently at each other, both shocked. I was really shocked at myself. Did I really just do that? 

For some reason, we started moving. We didn't speak, we didn't have to say it. We left and headed to a hotel.