1: Nothing's Easy

Start from the beginning

"What?" I stared at her with an innocent blank face. I was just a kid back then.

"You'll know right? Since you're connected by blood, it'll come to you." She smiled at me.

While not understanding completely what my mother meant, I also remembered a great sense of hatred. I definitely didn't want to become like that.

And that's why I've been cultivating one single love, so that in the future I can have a peaceful family. Or so I thought...

"I'm sorry."

The atmosphere of the restaurant was very vibrant, the stark contrast of my boyfriend of three years, looking solemn, fidgeting. Staring. 

"What?"

"I'm sorry," he repeated.

I was confused. For a second I didn't know whether I should be scared or just joke on how much of a dork he is.

"Let's break up."

Ten minutes. Ten minutes of awkward silence.

The positive feel of the restaurant didn't excite me any longer.

"It's not that I've come to hate you," he said. "It's just..."

"I like another girl now, that's why."

Just like that. My unrequited love in the beginning of summer on the seventeenth year of my life was so cliche that I felt stupid rather than feeling sad.

"You broke up with Ken?"

I glanced at my best friend, who was minutes ago fixing his shaggy brown hair using a pocket mirror. 

"Yeah," my eyes downcast, "He told me he fell in love with another girl." I was pissed. I was really really pissed.

"Three years Shane! Three years and in just twenty minutes, he ended it. Just like that!" I gritted my teeth.

"Uh Yvette, actually..."

"What?" I glared my eyes towards my best friend of three years, Shane.

"I also broke up with Sheila. In other words, I was rejected about a week ago."

"What?!"

"Yup. That's not all," Shane sighed as he ran his fingers through his messy hair. "It seems that Sheila and Ken are together." 

"What?!" I shrieked. What the flipping doodle?

"Yeah." Shane had his brows wrinkled. "It's true. I've confirmed it."

"Then the other girl he liked was.." Oh no.

"Yeah. Sheila."

Oh hell to the fucking no.

I slumped further in my chair. Looking around the classroom, it was obvious that only I and Shane were the gloomy ones. "For us four to meet was bad from the start, wasn't it?" I snorted.

"We're extremely miserable matches." Shane quipped. 

--

"Alright guys!" A classmate of mine started to speak on a microphone as we all gathered in a karaoke studio. "We are holding a "Move on and Let Go of the Past" karaoke party!" A lot of guys whoo-ed and whee-d.

"The basic rules are easy." She looked around the room, catching everyone's attention. "Choose songs to remind these two of the love they lost," she winked and continued, "the person who manages to pain them the most wins!"