their meaning

She broke the hug, kissing his cheek before she stood up. He watched her and stood up immediately. She told him to wait as she headed for the door. He was baffled as he wiped at his eyes and his nose. He tried to look in the window, but nor she or that boy was in there. She ran back out the moment he looked back at the door. She still had damp eyes but was shyly smiling at him.

"I told William I needed to take a drunken friend home," she laughed under her breath as she locked hands with him. He chuckled.

"You're a very sneaky girl,"

He let out a big breath as the headed for what was apparently William's car. He didn't ask a single question and just followed her.

She brought him home, like she said she would, but she got down with him. He didn't ask her anything, once again, and just let her into the small dark flat. She despised seeing the innumerable amount of empty bottles all over, along with ashtrays that hadn't been cleaned probably ever. When he stripped himself of his jacket and she with hers, she just held onto him in the middle of the living room. His hands were rubbing all along her back as she started to sway, causing him to pursue her rhythm. His eyes shut softly as he laid his chin on her head, her head on his chest. She hadn't a clue why she wanted to be with him again, but she couldn't help it. He had done her wrong entirely, and she never knew if she could get over it, but she wanted to hold him, to comfort him. She had those there to comfort her, she was okay, he didn't have that. She never knew he would spiral out of control like he had, and wanted to do nothing but make sure he knew he would be okay.

Before he knew it, she had him by the hand and was leading him to his small bed. He protested when he understood, but she shut him up with the reunion of their lips. It felt the same as he remembered, and he smiled like a small child. She held him close as they lay on the unmade bed. They stayed kissing one another for the longest time before she started at removing his shirt. He still wasn't sure why she wanted to do this, but she was more eager than he had ever seen, but with the oddest sincerity tangled within it. She rid herself of her clothes as he did. She didn't know how much she missed him until she saw the happy John sitting beside her, his face glowing with passion and happiness, flushed cheeks. She had only made love to him twice when he was this happy, but this was something different as well.

John didn't remember when he finally fell asleep, but when he woke up she was still under the covers beside him. She was to the far side of the bed, but had his hand under her and was holding onto it. The light that came in through the window hurt his eyes, so he turned away from it. His lips touched her shoulder, making her shuffle toward him. Her eyes opened slowly to look at him. Her hand still held onto his left one and her other one went up to his hair.

"Lo..."

She shook her head with a smile. "John it's okay, everything is okay,"

He smiled at her as her smile got wider.