What to do

Last Chappie today see you in I've days I think thanks for reading.

"Tikki, what am I going to do? Chat seemed so sincere tonight and I don't want to hurt him."

"I thought you said you liked him?" the small creature responded.

"I do, but I still really like Adrien, and it isn't fair to either of them."

"I'm not sure what to tell you Marinette."

The girl sighed and rolled over to look at her ceiling. "Well if I ever get the chance, I think I'll have to tell Chat the truth. I wonder if he'd still like me as plain old Marinette instead of the confident Ladybug."

Before Tikki could respond, Marinette's phone rang with the caller ID "Alya".

"Allo?" she answered into the phone.

"MARINETTE! You'll never guess what photo I got for my ladyblog!" her friend said excitedly on the other end.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "What did you get this time?"

"I just caught Ladybug and Chat Noir talking on a rooftop by the Seine. Now, normally this would be exciting on its own, BUT, the best part is that they seemed to be having a serious conversation. Plus they were both blushing so hard I could see it from across the river! I think he might have confessed his love for her. EEK!"

Tikki looked with amusement at the girl on the bed who's face become as red as her superhero costume.

"Uh, what makes you say that?" she managed to choke out.

"Call it a hunch! Although it doesn't seem like she got the chance to tell him back. She so obviously loves him I wonder why she didn't say so."

"Maybe because she doesn't know how to tell him since they've been partners for so long. You said it yourself, she seems to think he's over the top and a dork."

Alya giggled. "So? Teasing can be a sign of affection. She should just tell him! Give her the same advice I give you about Adrien."

"Ugh, don't remind me. I'm finally getting better at talking to him, trying to confess to him would be a disaster!"

"One of these days Marinette! Anyway, about the post for my ladyblog..."

Marinette dreaded the fact there hadn't been an attack all day. Not that she wasn't happy there weren't people in distress, but it had been a whole week since Chat Noir had "officially" confessed to her and she found herself falling harder than she would have like. Was it possible to be in love with two people at once?

They didn't always patrol when there wasn't an akuma attack, because real life intervened far too often, but she knew he would want to that evening. She tried to stay in her room the whole night. However, it was only 7pm and she had already finished her homework as well as cleaned her room and helped her parents with anything they needed to get done. She paced back and forth, trying to find something to do other than go out and make sure there weren't any akuma but she was just so bored.

"Just go. You'll feel better." Tikki told her.

She knew her kwami was right. The only way she would feel better is if she went for a run across the rooftops. And who is to say she would even run into Chat? Paris was a big city after all.

About 20 minutes later she cursed herself for even assuming he wouldn't find her. She had gone to one of their usual rooftops, a couple blocks down from the collège. They exchanged their usual pleasantries, Chat always the flirt before a silence fell between the two of them.

"Hey Chat, thanks for being sincere with me the other day by the way. It meant a lot."

"Anything for you."

"I also wanted to... answer you, I guess would be the best way to put it."

He looked steadily at her, green eyes searching for a clue to what she might be about to say. He looked worried at her expression however. "You don't feel the same way, do you?"

"No! It's not that at all! It's just... complicated. I do like you Chat, much more than I probably should considering..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"Considering what?"

"Well the thing is, there's already someone in my regular life that I like. It's not fair to either of you that I feel this way, especially since I'd be hiding a huge part of me with either one of you." Her eyes became glassy and she willed herself not to cry. She was just confused and didn't know what to do. Her body betrayed her, and tears fell from her eyes. "I'm just... so frustrated that I can't figure out my own feelings. I don't want to hurt either of you."

"My lady..." Chat said and leaned over to hug her. She turned into the hug as silent sobs shook her frame in his arms. "Thank you for telling me. This guy in real life, he must be lucky to have you."

She choked out a laugh between sobs. "That's probably the worst part. He doesn't even know I like him. He hasn't told me if he does at least."

He pet her head until she calmed down, and pulled away to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"I'm sorry to unload this all on you Chat. I just can't talk to anyone else about this. Leading a double life is so hard, you know?"

Chat smiled sadly. "Yea, I know. It's hard when people don't know the whole you."

"I doubt you'd even like the real me."

"But this is the real you. You're the confident, funny, and sassy Ladybug I know. I say this because as Chat Noir I get to be the kind of person I always want to be. Bet you'd never guess that I'm reserved and compliant when I'm in the real world. But that's not really me. It's who I have to be to keep up appearances."

Marinette nodded and smiled. "Thank you so much. I don't deserve someone like you."

"That's where you're wrong. You deserve so much more. Maybe one day, I'll show you what I'm like in the real world and you'll change your mind about not deserving me."

"I don't know, I think you'd be a great guy either way." she replied and kissed him on the cheek. "It's getting late. I'll see you soon?"

"Of course, my lady."