Prologue

J. Jilles. Jamie ran away from home. Why you ask?

Because she found out she was kidnapped. 

How did she find out? 

She was looking through some old newspapers from 12 or 13 years ago for a history project, when she, herself, was 3 years old, and found a picture of herself when she was 3 years old. 

Why did she get kidnapped? You're not the only one who wants to know...

Prologue

Waveboarding through the streets of London. That's where I , Jamie Jilles, was now.

I know what you're wondering. Why is she waveboarding in London? And why on a waveboard and not a skateboard? Well i have a bad relationship with skateboards and a better one with waveboards.

Now about being in London.

*Flashback*

"I want you guys to go through newspapers or anything you can find about the news from 1998. When you find something interesting, take it with you to school and show it to me. I'll tell you if you can use it or not." My history teacher, Mr. Sparks, told the class.

Right before we could ask questions, the bell rang. School was finished. Now I have the whole weekend to find something. 

When I came home I found my mother in the kitchen cooking something. What it was? I have no idea.

"Hi mom. Do we have any old newspapers from 12 or 13 years ago?" I asked her.

"Hi sweetie. Yeah I think so. You should look in the attic." She told me.

Before I left the kitchen I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and took a huge bite out of it. 

What can I say? I just love apples!

When I reached the attic I looked around for old newspapers. I actually haven't been up here much. This is the second time I'm up here.

I move some stuff and find a lot of newspapers. They're all put in a specific order from 1990 till 2000. Guess my parents stopped collecting them 2 years after I was born. 

I started looking in the 1998 pile hoping that I would find something interesting. After half an hour of searching through the 1998, 1999 and 2000 piles, I found an interesting topic.

'Little girl (2) missing.' Was the title. I started reading about the little girl.

'Little girl (2) missing. Her parents were in a store looking for clothes for little Zoë, while Zoë herself was next to them. Her parents didn't realize she walked away from them and continued shopping.

After maybe 5 to 10 min, her parents realized she was gone and looked around the store for her. She hasn't been found yet. If you have seen this little girl, please contact us at 555-65432.'

Next to it there was a picture of a 2 year old. I didn't know why, but she looked like me when I was 2. I am hallucinating. There is no way this could be me.

I searched for an old picture of myself of when I was 2. I held them next to each other and compared them. Same little nose. Same brown eyes. Same curly hair. Same eyebrows. Same tiny hands. Everything was the same!

This does explain why we don't have any pictures of me when I was born or when I was 1 or when I turned 2 on September 13. Or any videos of me when I was 1 or 2. My "parents" loved taking pictures, so why not when I was born?

I decided to go downstairs and ask my 'mother'. 

"Mom?" I yelled through the house.

"In my bedroom!" She yelled back.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her when I walked in. She was reading a book while lying on her bed.

"Sure. What's up sweetie?"

At first I didn't know what to say. I mean come on! How are you supposed to ask your parents if you're kidnapped! They won't tell you the truth either.

"Don't I look like this girl when I was 2 years old?" I asked her. I saw her stiffen a little, but then she relaxed again. 

"Let me see." She said reaching for the paper in my hand. After I gave it to her she kept staring at it for almost 5 minutes. "I agree. She does look like you, but it isn't you. Why do you need this anyway?" She asked me handing it back.

"History project. I think I'm going to choose this subject..." I said trailing of.

"Why not about something else? Something more happy than a little girl being kidnapped?" She insisted.

"No I'm going to do this one. Mr. Sparks said it had to be interesting and I find it interesting. So I'm going to do it." I told her. "Thanks mom!" I said walking out of her room.

*End of flashback*

And that was only the beginning...

«»«»«»

So what do you guys think? Hope you like it! ^.^

~ Kirbear