Chapter 21 - Slurring Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Lets go beautiful." He whispered. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach as he said those words. He grabbed my hand and then we were off to the party.

***

"Come on Sky." Noah said as he led me to the front door of the house where this massive party was taking place. The normal nerves where knotted in my stomach. We walked in the house and it was out of control. The party started twenty minutes ago and it was a mad house. People where crowd surfing and the music was making the house shake. My grip on Noah's hand tightened and I felt him squeeze my hand back.

"Hey guys." I looked up and saw Colton. He had a red solo cup on his hand and he was smiling.

"Hey." Noah said.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"So this place is a mad house isn't it?" Colton asked voicing my thoughts. I nodded.

"Yea. I didn't think people would be this crazy because we won the championships." Noah said. Colton shrugged. To be honest we should be use to it. Our school has won eleven years in a row.

"I don't know man. But Hannah Lilington is calling my name so I'll see you guys later." Colton said not taking his eyes off of her. He didn't even wait for a reply as he just started walking towards her. I looked up at Noah and he shrugged.

"He's a player." Noah said bluntly. He then gently tugged my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. We luckily got a free spot near the back door and there wasn't a bunch of people crowded around it. Noah put his hands on my hips making butterflies flutter in my stomach and my hips feel like their on fire. Enjoying the feeling, I put my arms around his neck and with a sudden boost of confidence I pulled him closer to me. He smiled and kissed my cheek. "You really are beautiful." He whispered.

"Thanks. But you know you don't have to lie." I told him. He shook his head.

"I would never lie to you." He said. I smiled and blushed a little. We stopped talking after that. We just danced. But something came into mind. More like a question.

Why is it taking Noah so long for a relationship?

At first that never really crossed my mind. I was just fine with him not being ready for a relationship. I just wonder why. I mean I feel like really close to each other and I think he should be able to tell me.

"Noah." I said.

"Yea?" He asked.

"Why aren't you ready for a relationship?" I asked. His eyes went wide slightly and I felt him tense. "Nevermind. Just forget I mentioned it." I added quickly.

"I think you deserve an explanation but I can't give it to you right now." He told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I don't know how to tell you." He said.

"Just tell me. You know I'll understand." I said smiling. I started drawing small circles on the back of his neck with my fingers hopeing he will become less tense. He shook his head no.

"I can't tell you right now." He said. My smile dropped.

"You said I deserve an explanation." I said.

"Skylar not now." He said sternly. I suddenly felt bad. I didn't mean to annoy him. I really didn't mean to.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He sighed heavily.

"No. I'm sorry. I promise we'll finish this talk a later, okay?" He said and I nodded. We continued dancing for a little while longer. But we both started getting thirsty so we decided to get something to drink. We went into the kitchen. I got a soda and Noah surprised me by grabbing a beer. "You don't mind if I have a beer or two, do you? I promise I won't get drunk." He said. I shook my head no. He wasn't driving us home anyway so it wasn't a problem with me.

That was the first time Noah has ever broken a promise.

***

Noah was drunk. I've never seen Noah drunk before and seeing him drunk scared me a little. He was emotionally unstable when he was drunk. We were sitting upstairs in a hallway. No one was really upstairs they were all downstairs partying. We were down there for a while but Noah busted out crying. I immediately brought him upstairs and we ended up sitting in a hallway. Noah had stopped crying but he was still drunk. His head laid in my lap as we sat on the floor.

"Skylar." He whispered slowly sitting up. He looked at me looking at every detail on my face.

"Yea?" I said barely audible. His eyes met mine.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered. My heart started beating even faster. I wanted to kiss him but at the same time I didn't. He wasn't ready for a relationship and he wanted to kiss me. He can't just kiss me whenever he wants. Isn't that taking advantage of me?

"No." I said quietly. His eyebrows furrowed and he frowned.

"Please Sky. Just one kiss. That's all." He whispered. His breath fanned my face and it smelt like alcohol. "Just one." He whispered. It was so hard to say no. He had had that look in his eyes and it made me want to say yes. And I gave in because Noah has me wrapped around his finger.

"Okay." I whispered. He brought his face closer to mine then he ever so gently placed his lips on mine. My eyes closed and our lips molded together and I felt like I was on cloud nine. My heart was pounding and butterflies where swarming in my stomach. His lips moved in harmony with mine. I didn't even taste the alcohol on his lips. They tasted sweet and minty. Did he have chapstick on? His kissed me gently as if I was made of glass.

A few moments later he pulled away. Then he pecked my lips not once or twice but three times before leaving them again.

"Oh I see you Noah!" Noah and I sprang apart at the sound of a guys voice. We looked at the stairs seeing a bunch of guys standing there.

"Wait is that Skylar Greene? Noah you could do way better than her." One guy said. Noah got up from the ground and walked over to the guy before punching him straight in the face. I gasped and sat up. One of the guy's friends tried to hit Noah but Noah simply turned around and walked over to me. The guys dropped it and walked down the stairs helping their injured friend.

"Ow." Noah mumbled. That's when I remembered he was drunk. He stumbled over to a bedroom and sat down on a bed with his eyes still on his hand. I follow him and then went to the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom and I searched through some cabinets until I found a first aid kit. I walked back in the room and sat down next to Noah. I grabbed an alcohol wipe and gentle dabbed his hand. "Ow." He said.

"Sorry." I mumbled. I cleaned his hand up and put a small bandage on it. After putting the first aid kit away and sat down beside Noah again we became silent. But Noah broke the silence by asking me a question.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He whispered. I looked over at him and he was looking down at his hands. I could tell he was a little more sobered because he wasn't slurring as much.

"Of course." I whispered.

"I believe in love at first sight." He said. My eyebrows raised at his words.

"Oh? Have you ever experienced it?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yea." He whispered.

"When?" I asked curious.

"When I saw you." He said. I gaped at him and he looked at me straight in the eyes. "Skylar, I think I'm in love with you."

My breath caught my throat and that's when my eyes rolled to the back of my head and everything went black.