Part Thirteen

Little girl in a field. Wearing a white dress with her brown hair tied into neat pigtail. She's sitting there, playing with the long grass and flowers. A small white stuffed rabbit sits next to her in the grass. A boy of roughly the same age sits next to her. His blonde hair at about chin length. Innocent violet blue eyes looking out into the distance of the field. The girl looks over at the boy and smiles. They both sit in a comfortable silence before the boy speaks. "Daniela, can I ask you something?" The girl nods in response. "Can you promise me that you won't forget me?" The boy asked, causing the girl to tilt her head to the side ever so slightly, confused. "Mattie, I can try my hardest not to forget you. But I can't promise for sure." She answered and the boy gave her a small smile. "Thanks for trying at least." He said and the girl adjusted so she was facing him. "How about we both make each other a promise?" The girl suggests and the boy slowly nods, "what kind of promise?"
"We can promise each other, that if one of us should forget the other, they help us remember." The girl explained with a smile. The boy nodded and they locked their pinkies together, accepting the promise. A baby polar bear sat in front of them and the girl reached out to pet it, only to have it...bark at her? Wait, bears don't bark. What the hell is going on?
~~~•~~~
I open my eyes to see Kota sitting on my chest, barking at me. I groan and look at my alarm clock.
6:32
I groan again and face the small wolf pup. "Out of all the times for you to have to pee..." I say and he licks my nose. I smile and move him to the floor. I reluctantly move the covers off my body and get out of bed. I grab my sweatshirt and Kota's leash. His tail wags happily at the sight of his leash in my hand. I hook his collar to the leash and walk out of my dorm, and down the hall to the exit of the building. Once I get outside, I take out my phone and call my aunt. I need to know a few thing related to my dream. After about three rings, she picks up. "Hey kiddo. How's college life treating you?" She asks and I shrug, "pretty good I guess. Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask, a little nervous as to what she'll say. "Sure."
"Was I named after anyone in the family? And I mean anyone." I ask and there was a short pause before Scarlet answered. "Not that I know of, Danny. If you were, it wasn't anyone in within the span of a hundred years. Why?" She asks and I quickly make up a lie. "I was wondering for a project in...history. We were asked to see if we were named after anyone in our family." I lie, and mentally praise myself for coning up with such a believable lie right at the top of my head. "Alright. I'm sure if you look up the family tree, you'll find something. But, as far as I know, you aren't named after anyone in the family."
"Okay, thanks."
"Anytime, kiddo. Bye."
"Bye." I hang up and look down at Kota, who is sitting there staring up at me. "Ready to go back to bed?" I ask and he sneezes. I giggle and start walking into the building, "I'll take that as a yes." I say,as I walk up the stairs to my dorm.

A/N I know I said this part would be up soon after the last one, but summer vacation was actually a lot busier than I intended. I also got a second job so that also takes up my time. Sorry, I'll have the next part up as soon as I can. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. 😃