Chapter 1 (Picture of Rachael)

Rachael's POV

"I don't like this idea, Rachael," Jake said through the phone and I rolled my eyes in response.

"You don't like anything, Jake," I shot back as I stopped at a stoplight. "I have no choice, so you have to deal with it."

"You're going to live with people you don't know," he said and I pressed the gas as the light turned green.

"You act like I wouldn't be able to defend myself," I said and he got quiet and then sighed. "You're my big brother and I love you, but I'm a big girl now."

"Not to me you're not," he shot back and I chuckled. I parked my car and put it in park.

"I have to go, I'll call you as soon as I get out," I assured him and he took a deep breath.

"Ok, I love you," he said and I smiled.

"I love you too," I said and hung up and sat back in my seat.

I finally got out and headed into the building, I pulled out the paper with the information on it. I went to the elevator and pressed for the third floor.

I stepped off after the ding and looked for apartment 312. I walked down the hall looking and I stopped in front of the door. My heart pounded as I took a breath and knocked on the door.

I could hear noises inside of the apartment, but no one came to the door. I was about to turn around and walk away, until the door opened.

It was guy in just a towel and I was about to lose my shit. His eyes were this grayish color and his black hair dripping water.

 His eyes were this grayish color and his black hair dripping water

"Can I help you?" He asked and I snapped from my trance.

"Uh yeah, um, I'm interested in the roommate spot," I said and he raised an eyebrow. "This is the right apartment, right?"

"Yeah, come in," he said and opened the door wider. I stepped in walking past him and glanced around. "I'm going to go dry off and get dressed, just relax on the couch." I nodded in response and he walked away.

"Who was at the door?" A new voice spoke and I turned to see another guy. Shirtless, with a toothbrush in his mouth. "Strange girl."