Nightmares

I was running. I don't remember why, but I was running. No destination and no meaning. I saw this forest at the end of the darkness. The forest seemed filled with life. Their was trees and sunlight, a few birds and a astonishing white tailed dear. I ran faster to it. I ran as fast as I could but it just kept getting further and further. I heard something. Something that sounded like a growl and a moan. Then I heard more than just one. There were many of those growls. I started to freak out. I knew this was a dream but it felt so real. Then I started to notice them. Large black shadows with big white and yellow puffy eyes. They kept getting closer to me. I ran as fast as I could. But like always, in every suspenseful moment someone must fall, I fell. They surrounded me. I screamed. And as soon as they were going to open me up, I woke up. 

*******;)*******

I looked at my self. I had big, dark circles around my eyes. I should start sleeping more. My brown hair was all messy and I has a drool stain going down my lower lip. I embarrassed my self. I could hear the "star" of my sister playing her violin downstairs. Ugh now to go downstairs. I brushed my teeth, put on a shirt, and made my way to the dining. I could hear my parents bragging about how great she played her violin. 

My family was this successful family. My dad was this great attorney that made a lot of money. He was a very respected man all over the city. My mom was the head of the women's division in the same law firm that my dad worked in. By default, she was a very respected women too. Now my sister was this great violinist who was very spoiled by EVERYONE. She could have been the worst sister in the history of sister. And she hated unicorns. I mean, who hates unicorns?! My big brother was this jock popular boy. He was very vain and well, stupid. Seriously, I wonder how he made it all the way to his senior year. I had another sister, her name was Abby. She didnt live with us though. She was married with the best brother-in-law in the history of best brothers-in-law.

I walked into the dining room. Apparently they were waiting for me start eating breakfast. Ha and they decided to let Molly play her violin as entertainment. No life's hehehe. My brother was eating bits by bits of his pancakes. 

"Bout time you show up, Adrian." said my dad.

"Sorry I woke up late. Thank god Laura was here to entertain y'all though." I said sarcastically.

"Don't use that tone with your dad, mister" My mom said.

"Can we just eat already?!" John said, like if he hadn't eaten in years. 

I sat down to eat. My mom said her usual prayer and we started. We usually ate in quiet, no one talked, an if the phone rang, we would let it ring. I thought this was weird. But hey, in each family has something weird in them. I wanted to burp really badly but if I did I would have to hear this really long and boring lecture about how disrespectful it was. Then my sister burped. Ha, now she's really in for it. But the unexpected happened. My parents started saying how cute it was and how adorable she was. This bitch.

After we finished our breakfast it was my brother’s turn to wash the dishes. But i knew better. He was going to make this lame excuse about him practicing for this big game or something. So I ended up washing them. I picked up the plates from the dining room table, when I heard something in the news that caught my attention. Some man had died this morning of an animal bite. But supposedly it was an alien. Ooh. They were probably high or something. What people do these days. Geesh. Anyways I got back to being my family's slave. I turned the water tap on. The water came out cold, like, unusual cold. Then it turned blood-red. I jumped back. What the... I ended up knocking some plates over when I jumped back. My mom heard it and she came running in.

"What the hell happened here?!" She exclaimed.

"The water! It’s red!"

"What are you talking about? Its fine." 

"No its not!" I looked over at the water. To my surprise it was its normal color. I was shocked. How in the world could it have turn blood red and then back to normal on less than a minute. Something was not right. I guess my mom realized that I was actually frightened because she told me to go to my room. I didn't want to go but my mom was literally dragging me to my room. But I didn't go without a fight. Okay, maybe I did.

"Something wasn't right, something wasn't right I tell you!"

***********************************

Abby's POV

The doctor woke me up. I had fallen asleep in the waiting room. The doctor had a strange look in his face. Like if he wanted to tell me some great bad news. And I was right.

"Abby, Dan..." He was struggling with the words.

"What happened?"

"Well, Dan didn't make it. The viruses couldn't be stopped. We gave him some antibiotics that stalled the virus but it soon spread. We couldn't stop it. Its a new kind of virus. To tell you the truth, we don't know what it is."

"But how? Just yesterday we were fine? How could this happen." I sat down. My whole world started spinning. How could this have had happen? Why would God do this to us? We had barely gotten married. A sudden wave of emotions hit me. The tears started rushing down my cheeks. The doctors PDA started beeping. He had a look of concern, and then he went of running. Then I saw more doctors and nurses running the same direction. Something in the pit of my stomach told me it was involving Dan. I ran behind them. They turned in a room where I saw Dan shaking all over his bed with white stuff coming out of his mouth. His eyes were white and puffy. The machine that determined the heart rate had a dead tone. I started to cry even more. 

He stopped shaking. The room got silent. A nurse tried to check his pulse when Dan grabbed her arm and bit her. Her scream were filled with pain. The doctors and other nurses were all trying to pry him away from her. In the process he ended up biting two other doctors. We got out of the room and locked him in it.

"What's going on with him?!" I screamed with fear.

"We don know! We've never seen anything like this! Betty, Louis get them help!" the doctor said. Dan made his way through the door. He had a blank look in his face. He looked straight at me. Something was wrong with him. It wasn't Dan anymore.

A/N

I really like zombie stories so I decided to give it a try. So yep lol. Uhmm tell me if y'all like it :D.