Preparation

The next morning, I went to the Crown Prince's chambers to accompany him with his breakfast.

"Please eat well, my princess for you'll need the energy because of the ton of work you need to do today. But if you ever need help, don't hesitate to come to me." He beams.

"Thank you, your Majesty." I answered, trying to match the smile of the Crown Prince.

After that, I am led to a designated room to begin my studies. When I took a sit, an elder woman enters the room.

"Bring in all here!" the woman called out to the servants outside who, upon entering, were all carrying six stacks of books. They laid it in front of me.

"Here are all the books you need to read and learn about, lady Mirajane."

"All this? But there's so many."

The woman gave a laugh. "Those are the exact words made by all the past princesses, your Majesty, and one of those young ladies was her royal highness, the Queen. Do not get worried for you will get used to it." She reassures me with a smile.

"Oh, then thank you. But please you don't have to call me your Majesty, someone might hear you." I tell her.

She laughed again. "It is fine if everyone hears us, your Majesty, for that will be your title and the one we'll call to you when you marry the Crown Prince." She explained.

Feeling bashful, I let out a forced laugh. I opened one of the books, not too soon, I think my jaw fell open.

How can I read this if it's all in Chinese character?!

Surely they will think that the reason I cannot read this is because I am just a mere gisaeng but in truth, I just don't understand Chinese characters. If it's Hangul, maybe I can comprehend it a little; however, it is not my fault if I haven't studied Chinese writing before!

I snapped the book close in frustration and call the elder woman outside my room.

"What is it, your Majesty?"

"It's just that...uhm, I can't read this. I don't understand the writings."

She and the servant with her shared a look. I know what they're thinking.

"Please don't worry anymore, your Majesty. We'll find a tutor to help you."

"Alright then, thank you."

I waited for a few minutes, and then they came back. "Your Majesty, the tutor who's going to teach you is here."

The man entered and it turns out that he's the scholar Hyun Min. He's walks closer, holding a grin on his lips.

"The tutor is you?"

He frowns. "You don't want me to?"

"What I meant was you can teach other things as well, even reading?"

"Yes. I'm quite knowledgeable to many things. I am a scholar, am I not?" he frostily implied.

"How rude you are!" Taking a deep breath, I asked, "Where should we start?"

"We start planning on how I can take you away from this palace."

"Ah, that's right!" I giggled.

"On the fourth morrow starting today, there will be a celebration for the harvest day of the farmers. The palace will be open for the citizens and also, they were to be part of the great feast. At 8 o'clock at that night, you should go to the back gate of the palace. I'm expecting no bystanders to notice you leaving for the palace guards will be focused on the feast and on the main gate."

"What will happen if someone sees me? I am afraid."

"You are the next Crown Princess. No one shall doubt you're actions. But if you'll get caught, just deliver an alibi."

"Where will you be during that time?"

"I will dress as one of the guards and wait for you at the back gate."

"I understand."

The scholar stayed for a few more hours before he decided to leave. When the scholar exited the room, the Crown Prince showed up.

"Did your studying go well, my lady?"

"Ah, yes it does. But it's too difficult and it makes my head ache."

"Is that so? Alright, I'll ask for the servants to escort you to your chamber."

"I am grateful, your Majesty." I said, smiling at him. The servants showed up and led me outside and to my personal room.