The Protagonist!

Side Note: This is for if you would like to actually make a story, instead of the origins of some killer. In my opinion, writing a story with a protagonist and an antagonist would be better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, here's a little fun fact: Not all creepypastas need to have a killer in it! Just so you know, all the stuff I'm doing to help you with your OC is antagonist stuff. What about protagonists? They're the most important part of a story! So here's what a stereotypical protagonist would look like:

Name: Amelia Summerautumnwintersberry Schmitzelburger

Age: 13

Looks: Please refer to the picture up top ^^^^^

Personality: Shy, cute, innocent, TYPICAL ANIME SCHOOLGIRL PERSONALITY

And this is how she reacts to a murder in the story:

There was a loud, bloodcurdling scream, then, silence. Then, a faint, barely audible sound comes from behind the door. It sounded as though flesh was being flung from Joe's carcass. Amelia slowly opens it, which makes a quite noticeable squeaky noise. Heavy breathing was heard, but it stopped when the squeak of the door sounded. The creature was staring at her, a piece of his skin hanging from its jaw. Under it was the unrecognizable corpse of Joe. "Oh my god!!!! A monster just ate Joe! " Amelia yelled. She slammed the door and raced down the hallway, and banged on the front door, then the window. No use. Everything is boarded up. She looks at the chimney. Suddenly, the grey creature with the large. black eyes jumped down the old stairs, making her jump. "S-s-s-s-s-s--s-s-ss-s-s-s-s-s--s-s-s-s-s-ss-s-s-s-stay back, you monster! You killed my friend!" She threw a nearby brick at it, from the broken chimney. This stopped it long enough for Amelia to make a dashing escape through the chimney and out the house. But would that thing come out of the chimney? She didn't stay to find out.

Okay, first of all, wow. I didn't expect to write something this long. I could use this to actually write books, but for some reason, I'm way too lazy. But anyway, what's up with the name? I can't tell if this is a romantic comedy name or the name of something you'd buy at a frozen yogurt place. My point is, keep the name simple.

Also, the age. She's literally thirteen. Why? Remember, creepypasta isn't for preteens to vent out their frustration and angst. It's for middle-aged men who live in their mothers' basement. Jk, but seriously, you need to be realistic with the age. Are you beginning to see a pattern here? CREEPYPASTA SHOULD MOSTLY BE REALISTIC!

And now for her looks. She's literally a FREAKING BARBIE DOLL. I DON'T EVEN THINK YOU NEED A LOOK FOR YOUR CHARACTER. IT SHOULD BE WHATEVER THE READER IMAGINES. Ahem. Moving on.

 Her personality is that of the typical anime schoolgirl. NO, JUST NO. Nobody acts like that in real life. Although, your character shouldn't have no personality at all, but more of a neutral....er.... personality.

But that doesn't mean all protagonists should be the same. For example, one might be very willing for adventure, and then that character gets into some kind of trouble that they caused. Or maybe you want more of a psychological horror kind of thing. In that case, why not a protagonist with mental disorders, such as insomnia? I could go on and on about the different possible outcomes you could come up with, but the point is that you should find the right kind of personality to fit with your character's actions. By the way, personality is especially handy in first person stories, because it is used in the overall word choice.

And, finally, the dialogue. "Oh my god!!!!! The monster just ate Joe!"

Well, duh. We just saw that happen already. We don't need an echo. The overall point is that your character needs to ACT LIKE A HUMAN BEING. A better dialogue would probably be, "..." Yep, that's right, nothing. Would you say something when a monster just ate your friend right in front of you? No! You'd be scarred for life! You wouldn't be able to say anything! You would just run, wouldn't you? Unless you want to get eaten by a monster...

Amelia: Oh my god!!!! The monster just ate--

Monster: OMNOMNOM! You.

And then the stuttering. I overdid it just a bit, but the point is the same. Don't do the thing you do in your roleplays, okay? You can say... "S...Stay back!"... but that's pretty much it. The monster would probably eat her before she finishes stuttering. But the part with the, "...you monster! You killed my friend!" Again, that's a stupid thing to say. Unless she lives in, like, the fourteenth century or something, it's not gonna work. Usually, dialogue is for BEFORE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET RIPPED TO SHREDS. Otherwise, your character could come off as annoying.

Alright, in conclusion, your protagonist is very important to your story. Here's my motto when writing horror:

                                                                     Don't screw up.

                                                                                                                                  ~Charlieisntthere