a Dance of Tears

I picked out a dress the same week. Joichiro helping me in every step. Picking out my dress, Talking to Gin about colors. helping me style my hair, and even make up.. I asked him, how he can style things so well, all he states is that it is just like decorating a cake.

I look myself in the mirror. my silver hair curled in the front and then pulled back into a bun of twists. A tint of white gold coloring my eye lids. My dress is a plain black dress with a gold bow tie around my waist. no frills or lace. Just a straight down dress that hung from a ring around my neck. Then, In Joichiro's hand is a red lipstick. he kneels in front of me, taking my chin in his hand. He lifts my head up so that he can paint my lips with the red color. he runs his thumb across my bottom lip and pauses as if thinking. Then started. Slowly he applies the lipstick and as he finishes, I cant help but stare at his face.. He's staring at my lips but I can tell something is troubling him.. I've never heard him so quiet.

" What.. I look ridiculous with this on don't I.." I ask as he unfreezes.. I go to wipe my lips but he grips my wrist.. " No.. You look beautiful.. " He stopped.. " too beautiful.. " He whispers to himself but I hear him.. I blush and look into the mirror again.. I see a girl that is different from everyone else.. and behind her.. is the boy that she's really interested in. I stand up when we hear a knock at the door.

" I guess, I'll get going.. " I whisper as I walk to the door. I feel him place a flower in my hair. " Now those monsters wont be staring at your lips. " He whispers before walking out the door before me.. I watch him walk away even though, my date is standing in front of me.. All I could stare at, is Joichiro.

At the dance, I stood beside Gin as he greeted many people. Everyone seemed to want to meet him.. I mean, it's no surprise. He's the first seat of the infamous Totsuki.

And finally, everyone seemed to settle down and started to dance. Gin held his hand out for me to take. I take his hand gently as he lead me to the dance floor.

The music started.. and I listened.

Sad waltz by Michael Ford..
And indead, it is a sad waltz. People make way ss Gin and I dance.. a circle forms around us.
People gossip on what they see, and right niw, they see 2 people dancing as if in love. But i, am not.

Once people start dancing as well, Gin leads me to a secluded area, shielded from the people's eyes. And he holds my hand tightly.

Are you enjoying the night he asks but I don't answer. I stare at him but not at him.. A flower behind him. The flower in the reflection. The flower in my hair. I stare at it with admiration. The beautiful red pedals, delicately placed around the middle. The red reminds me of a boy. The boy I wish to be here with. So I don't look at Gin.. im looking at Joichiro, but Gin doesn't know that.

Slowly, I see him lean down.. his lips coming closer to mine but I turn my head..
" sorry" is all I whisper before running. I run through the room headed for the door. Up the many stairs and back onto the campus. I run until I'm back at the dorm.

I shut the dorms doors quietly as to not wake anyone but I see someone standing by the stairs..

The person I want to see. Joichiro.
I run to him as he spreads his arms out to welcome me in a hug.
Hs arms tightly wrapped around me, I cry. He sways from side to side with a soft rythem. He hums a song and hold me in his arms. My tears falling to the floor while mu face is buried in his chest. He doesn't ask me anything but I know he cares.. so I tell him.

" the one I want to dance with is you.... "