Chapter 15 - Jaxon

Start from the beginning

"Jesus, you're a dumb fuck." Asher mumbles.

"Hey!" Cameron protests. "I will have you know I was still distracted by my lack of chips."

Wolfe walks back in then with a full bowl and Cameron grins when he sees it.

"About time." He declares then turns to Nate, glaring. "Stay away, fatass."

Nate reaches forward and swipes a chip into his mouth so fast, I almost don't see him move.

Cameron's jaw hits his lap.

"Asshole!" He tackles him from where he was lounging beside him and they both fall to the floor, wrestling.

Wolfe raises his brows.

I roll my eyes.

Asher pulls out his phone and snaps a few shots.

These guys are fucking awesome but sometimes I question our friendship.

"Yo, Cam. How come Emily hasn't been coming to the gym?" Asher calls to him.

At the mention of her name, I immediately tense. Especially because I'm not liking that he's going to Cameron about her. I almost feel...territorial. Damn it. Hooking up with her was seriously fucking me up.

"Why would you ask him?" I blurt without thinking.

Cameron and Nate stop fighting to look up at me. Wolfe has his eyebrows drawn in confusion and Asher gives me a strange look.

"Because he's the closest to her from all of us?" Asher says it like a question, like he's being tested.

No, he's fucking not.

Shit.

Get your head together, Cage.

Cameron's eyes observe me, almost knowing, and my hackles rise. I'm being too damn obvious.

"True." I play along. "So, why hasn't she been coming around?"

If I didn't know any better, I'd think Cameron just smirked a little.

"Not sure. Maybe she's grown a secret crush on me and is trying to get herself under control." He jokes.

But it's not fucking funny.

My hands tighten on the armrests on their own accord and Cameron's smirk deepens. The fucker is playing with me. And it's working.

"You don't seem like her type." I smirk back but I can feel how tightly I'm doing it.

"How would you know?" He drawls.

I bite the inside of my cheek. Asshole.

"You're not any girl's type." I attempt to tease and the guys laugh. Thank fuck.

Cameron's looking at me like he's letting me off the hook, merely laughing along but with a suspicious stare directed towards me. I need to leave before I fuck up even more.

"I gotta get going, assholes. Work and shit." I stand to rise.

"You just got here." Nate protests.

"I know I'm hot as fuck but don't be clingy." I wink.

"Fuck you." Nate laughs.

I say my respective goodbye's and head to the door.

"I'll walk you." Cameron calls, getting up.

"Damn. Are all of you obsessed with me?" I snicker. In all honesty, I'm panicking about being cornered by Cameron. I'm not sure what he'll say to me.