Chapter 15 - Jaxon

Start from the beginning

"I see what you mean." I take his words in consideration.

"You'll be fine, man." Nate waves. "You kicked ass last time."

"He kicked Sanders' ass and handed it to him on a silver fucking platter." Cameron whoops.

"Don't let it get to your head, Cage. You're a natural but you can't overestimate yourself." Asher rolls his eyes.

"Kind of a hard thing to do when I got my number one groupie up my ass." I smirk in Cameron's direction and the guys start snickering. Even Wolfe's shoulders start shaking and I barely see the guy show emotion.

"Why is he so fucking rude to me?" He asks the other guys, feigning offence.

"Cause I could take you down in a match." I retort.

"Ooh," The guys chant at once. Except Wolfe.

"Nah," Cameron says nonchalantly but I can see the challenging gleam on his eyes. "I've been doing this shit for a while. Fucking love it, too."

"How long?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Since I was 9."

"Damn." I let out a low whistle. "What about the rest of you?"

"3 years." Nate says.

"Since I was 12." Asher offers.

We all turn to Wolfe, who merely holds up both hands and displays 10 fingers. I wonder what's the story with him. I don't think I've ever heard him talk.

"Nate, you dipshit." Cameron scowls. "You ate all the chips. Fuck you."

Nate merely snorts and taps his stomach mockingly to which Cameron responds by lifting his leg to kick him.

"Relax, ladies. I'll get some more." Asher interjects smoothly and something tells me he's used to their antics.

Before he can stand up, Wolfe holds his hand up with a grunt to stop him. He grabs the empty bowl and walks off to the kitchen.

"What's his story?" I mutter when he's out of sight.

"He doesn't talk." Nate shrugs. I feel my brows fly to my hairline in surprise.

"At all?" I question incredulously.

"Never heard him speak in all the years since he came to Fighter's Den." Asher confirms.

"Is it because he can't?"

"I can't be certain about that but then again, if his vocals were the problem he wouldn't be able to grunt or make any noises by means of answer."

"So he chooses not to talk?"

"I can't be certain." Asher repeats.

"So ask him." Cameron pipes up and the conversation ceases. We just stop and turn to him, trying to see if he's joking. A few seconds tick by where we just stare at him in disbelief but the idiot doesn't get it.

"What?" He asks, genuinely confused.

"Ask him." Nate echoes his words slowly as if willing him to get it. No such luck.

"Yeah, why not?" Cameron questions like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ask the guy who doesn't talk, why he doesn't talk." I summarize and it takes a few moments before realization dawns on him.

"Oh!" He exclaims, nodding with understanding.

We all groan, slapping a hand over our faces or shaking our heads.