Chapter 14: Falling.

Why can’t I breath whenever I think about you, why can’t I speak whenever I talk about you?”   Brielle’s POV                 

It was dark. Adam’s hands were over my eyes yet I cloud still smell the muggy air around me. Rain was on the way without a doubt and weather we’d get caught in it or not made no difference to me. I had always loved that rain. All that really mattered to me was where Adam was taking me… I couldn’t take the suspense; for Adam on the other hand this was exactly as he wanted it.  

               “Adam… where are you taking me?” I questioned impatiently “Are we there yet?”  

               “Not yet, be patient Brielle… I promise I’m leading you in the right direction.” Adam chuckled lightly sounding slightly amused.       

           “This isn’t fair… I don’t like surprises…” I complained.        

          “Stop lying to me Brielle. No matter how many times you tell me you hate surprises, I know you love mine,” Adam whispered in my ear as we came to a stop.               

   A cool breeze blew past me. I took in a deep breath; I loved the fresh air especially knowing that I was now in London and for once I believed that nothing bad would happen.              

    “Ready for this Brielle?” Adam spoke softly taking his hands off my eyes as I nodded slowly.                 

My eyes took in everything around me. The sky so gloomy, cloud, and yet still beautiful. The light breeze made it feel absolutely perfect. There was a sign above my head that read London Zoo.                

  “You used to love animals… so I thought that maybe… you know.. “Adam stammered seeming slightly nervous about my reaction.                

  “Adam this is perfect! Thank you!” I squealed in excitement “How long can we be here?”

                 “As long as you’d like. I have the whole day free.” Adam smiled sweetly his chocolate brown eyes lighting up.                 

“Yay! Well come on then there’s no time to waste!” I exclaimed excitedly.             

     I grabbed Adam’s hand and pulled him along with me though the archway that marked the entrance to the zoo. There was a tiny throng of people milling about but it seemed to be one of the slower business days that the zoo experienced.                

  “You know it’s been so long since I’ve been to a zoo… well actually I think I’ve only ever been to one once… when I was like 7. I think  it was with my parents right before we moved to Owatonna.” I smiled at the memory “Of course my parents were so wrapped up with work that they didn’t pay much attention to me and I ended up lost by the monkey pin.”        

        “You never told me that story before.” Adam smiled sweetly as he walked next to me, keeping his hand in mine.               

   “That’s because it was never relevant,” I answered looking up at Adam “Why are you looking at me like that?”                 

“Because you’re so beautiful… I couldn’t imagine my life without you… and I couldn’t stand to lose you.” Adam replied gently “Well honestly… I…”                

  “Oh look… the penguins!” I squealed in excitement “They’re so beautiful…”                  “Got that right,” Adam nodded in agreement.