By Myself

My name kept running through my head constantly and I couldn't make out why. I was lying in a face down position  and my eyes were so tired and droopy that I couldn't even open them. I tried bringing my hands to my eyes so that I could rub them open, but I couldn't move my hands. They were tied together and my body felt like someone had beaten it several times. I tried rolling over onto my side and very slowly and painfully, I managed to get onto my side and I crinkled my eyes and finally opened them slightly but they stung, as if someone had put menthol under them. Maybe I was sick, maybe it was my mum who had put Vicks under my eyes. My nose finally started to work, but it didn't smell like my house, it smelt dusty and unclean. I lifted my head off the bed and looked up, but it was dark, I must have been dreaming about something, so I laid my head back down.

'Stupid idiot,' I heard a low gruff voice mumble.

I kept my head down. It was throbbing as if it had never throbbed before and my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of their heads. I desperately wanted to know what had happened. I noticed my top was ripped. Tears formed at my eyes. My dad had bought me this top as a present for when I won my first music competition, it was a little small, but it was still the pretties shirt I had. Immediately, bad thoughts ran through my head and I thought that this was my end, that this was the last day I would be alive. And weirdly, the only thing I could think of, was Sidd and his phone call.

'She's not Tunisha, she's just some random." The low voice said, sounding louder.

'Sorry sir, she was with Sidd...so I assumed..."

"Don't assume anything, you imbecile... return the girl before someone gets suspicious."

'What will they say when they see her?"

"Tell then that she had drunk too much and that we looked after her in the night."

"GO NOW!"

I quickly put my head down and suddenly heard my record button ding on my phone. I quickly switched it off and lay still. The man yanked me up by my arm and shoved me toward the door. He gave me a new top to put on top of the one I was already wearing and pushed me into the car.

"Stupid girl...what do you want with Siddharth? You screwed up my master's plan and I am taking the brunt of it."

He yanked my hair and I squealed in pain.

"You deserve all of this, all I wanted was Tunisha, my master was going to drug her and hold her hostage until her parents gave him their undeserving money. And you, foiled my plan. It would have all worked if it wasn't for you."

"You want...Tibisha?" I croaked out

"Tunisha you imbecile! You don't know anything." He pulled over near a sign and told me to get out of the car. I walked home and saw Sidd downstairs.

"Deeps, are you okay? You look tattered? Who did u go home with? I looked for you..."

"Ssh Sidd I'm okay... please my head hurts."

"Okay but, I told your mum you stayed with me at night,I didn't want to unnecessarily worry her. Abi and I looked for you, we are just returning home. I had to send Tunisha home, she wasn't too happy." He mumbled the last bit under his breath.

"What did you say?" I hurriedly asked

"Nothing...just Tunisha it's okay."

"Where is she Sidd? I have to find her please."

"Deeps I don't think that's a good idea."

"Please..."

Sidd took me out of the apartment gates and hailed a cab. We sat at the back and he quickly told the driver the address. I felt the back of my jeans and found my phone. I held it in my hand and reached out to text my parents when Sidd asked me why I needed to see Tunisha.

"Um.. you see i was kidnapped last night. Someone told me that they needed Tunisha for her money and I have to warn her."

"Wow Deepika, I never expected this from you!"

"What?"

"Stop trying to scare her, she's had heaps of threats like this from people."

"Sidd, im serious."

"I get that you don't like Tunisha but it does not mean you can hurt her like that."

"Look I get that you love her Sidd but this is different okay?"

"I don't..."

"I'm texting my mum."

Just as I said that, a recording started to play. I hurriedly tried to stop it but Sidd grabbed my phone from me.

"Omg..."

'What?"

"We have to get to Tunisha"

As soon as the cab stopped, we ran all the way to Tunisha's apartment. A pretty lady in a white sari opened the door. She had neatly combed hair and tears staining her cheeks.

"Tunisha is missing...." she said as I slumped against the door.